Thread: UMA Weekend International - a few pix

Hybrid View

Default UMA Weekend International - a few pix

Here are a few pix from the weekend's event, will put all of them up on Flickr in the next few days.......

F

does that ref in the last pic have a tattoo on his head?
    The Dungeon Sunderland / Checkmatt BJJ team

yes everytime I see it I have a quick giggle

wonder what it means? .. it musta really fuckin hurt..

It's the Japanese calligraphy for Judo

F

the hard bastard lol...

Nice pics Mr Fisher

I'm hearing great things about this event.Well done to UMA and everyone involved!

Well Done to Sarah Dudley and Martin Abrahams from Sandwell BJJ for their 1st place wins . 1st wins as Blue Belts.

Thanks for the comments guys and thanks Simon, it's nice to know the UMA are being spoken about in positive terms

When I was voted in as Chief Officer, part of my task was to take the UMA forward and to amke the events accessible to the BJJ and MMA clubs throughout the UK; we have worked to make the rules familiar to BJJ guys and the points system reflects this in both the no gi and gi events. Jim has placed a lot of faith in me by giving me more or less free reign with his association which he has put many years hard graft into and when I hear positive comments from the likes of Simon Hayes and others I feel that I am doing something right!

Within eighteen months of being involved with the UMA, the grappling events held have gone from being mainly TMA involved to including the likes of Leicester Shoot, Rob Broughton, Lee Hasdell, Team Koabon, Jason Tan, Kevin Capel, Paul Sawyer, GB clubs nationwide, Pedro Bessa and many many more.

We have worked very hard behind the scenes to make our events run as smooth as possible and yesterday's feedback was the best ever and we hope to continue to deliver well run and exciting to watch grappling throughout 2009!

F