Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone done motor vehicle courses?

Banned

Default Anyone done motor vehicle courses?

Well... going to college in september again, and was thinking of ICT but flicking through the booklet, considering i know fuck all about cars ect.. would be nice to learn.

What courses would I need to do to become quilified at mechanics?

The courses they have are:

---IMI award in vehicle fitting Operations (Level 1) = 1 year.
    --- City and guilds technical certificate VRQ (Level 1) = 1 year.
    ---Apprentiship in motor vehicle (NVQ level 2) = 2 years.
    ---IMI Nationtal Qualification Motor vehicle (Level 2 ) = 1 year
    --- Apprentiship in Motor vehicle (NVQ level 3) = 2 years.

What courses would I need to do? I'm thinking about the level 3 apprentiship, but I have no fucking idea what the first 2 are all about :S

Banned

I was, but the cunts changed it do Interior fittings, and it is shit money.. and wouldn't get me onto level 2so I dropped out.

I'll probably do IT practitioning at college, but thinking motor vehicle might be good fun, just not sure what course to pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie Taylor View Post
    thought you were doing plumbing ?
    Yeah, and weren't you going to do try out for a few apprenticeships?
    http://www.kendallgrovemma.com/

"You fucked his wife, fucked his fucking wife, you fucking wife fucker, you fucked his fucking wife you wife-fucking cunt, another mans wife? You stupid? You fucking thick you cunt? Fuck another mans wife? You don't do that!"

- Stephen Dillane

Banned

Yes, i applied for a apprentiship in IT... but got declined by ITEC and thats pretty much the only recruitmant company for IT apprentiships connextions know...

Still fucked off about when they changed it to kitchen/bathroom fitting rather than level 1 plumbing :-/.. wasted around 5 weeks off paperwork...

do hairdressing....think of the perks
    "tonight we dine in hell....or dominoes"

TEAM BADGERS PRISON

Quote Originally Posted by pauljono1120 View Post
    Yes, i applied for a apprentiship in IT... but got declined by ITEC and thats pretty much the only recruitmant company for IT apprentiships connextions know...

Still fucked off about when they changed it to kitchen/bathroom fitting rather than level 1 plumbing :-/.. wasted around 5 weeks off paperwork...
    I thought you were going to go for more than just the 1 though?
    http://www.kendallgrovemma.com/

"You fucked his wife, fucked his fucking wife, you fucking wife fucker, you fucked his fucking wife you wife-fucking cunt, another mans wife? You stupid? You fucking thick you cunt? Fuck another mans wife? You don't do that!"

- Stephen Dillane

Banned

I couldn't find anymore, usually the level 2 plumbing which is the apprentiship want the level 1 first... which I couldnt do, and the ITEC IT company said No.

So its time to go back to college.!

It practitioning or Motor vehicle.... hmmmmmm

You will need the NVQ level 3 to be classed as fully qualified but without the workshop experience to go with it aint worth shit to be honest .

I'm going back for another HND this time in Tech Support. Seems a good course. It was either that or Software development. I decided that I want to travel and the jobs in tech support appear to be easier to come by.

Working in the motor trade is more electrical now than it's ever been and a bit less mechanical. It's not something I would look at too much personally because I know of a couple of boys who do it and say it's a right cunt in the winter. Spanners near on sticking to your hands and shit.
    Last edited by Wiegieboard; 27-05-2009 at 06:38 PM.
    No longer playing World of Warcraft. Goodbye fond memories
    FUCK THE ALLIANCE