Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 21

Thread: bestt non bjj grapplers

  1. #11

    Default

    griffen still trains bjj with cameron.

  2. #12

    Default

    igor yakimov although not a mma fighter has a excellant ground game !

    i think he also did well in ADCC , google his videos well worth a watch , i think his take downs are excellant

  3. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oneshotkiller View Post
    igor yakimov although not a mma fighter has a excellant ground game !

    i think he also did well in ADCC , google his videos well worth a watch , i think his take downs are excellant
    That brings me to the guy he lost to at ADCC. Karimula barkaleav. VERY good.

    Rashad events is very very hard to tap. Even in TUF, with no submission training, a very high ranted grappler. could not tap him.

  4. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Duchman View Post
    That brings me to the guy he lost to at ADCC. Karimula barkaleav. VERY good.

    Rashad events is very very hard to tap. Even in TUF, with no submission training, a very high ranted grappler. could not tap him.
    i'l google him and have a look

  5. #15

    Default

    hmmm no vids how strange ?

    i've pretty much come to the conclusion that no matter what system a submission grappler uses it seems they have been influenced by bjj in some way or another it would seem bjj is the superiour system in my opinion anyway .

    i think even those who do not train bjj work strategys on how to avoid playing the bjj game .

  6. #16

    Default

    without doubt... Marcelo Brigadeiro

  7. #17

    Default

    Apart from the guys mentioned above (including my coach obviously), I'd defo agree with the OP's choice of Karo Parisyan. The guy used to roll with all the BJJ guys in LA and by all accounts is nigh-on untappable. That and the fact that he used to throw Randy around (as mentioned by Randy, not by Karo) he's top drawer. He's all Judo as far as I can gather - he never joined in with Eddie's class at Legends although I did hear mention that he was doing reciprocal one-on-ones with a Machado BB.

    In the UK I'd say there were a lot of top grapplers who aren't BJJ based - Rob Broughton, Dave Faulkner, Paul Cahoon, Tom Blackledge as well as a tonne of guys at Team Kaobon who've never put on a gi.

    As for other non-bjj grapplers, the Luta Livre guys like Eddie Alvarez spring to mind. He's with a BJJ gym now for sure, but as mentioned on another thread he went there at their request to teach nogi, rather than giving up LL to train BJJ.

    I'll take my Luta Livre ass off the BJJ forum now, sorry guys!
    www.kaobon.com home of TEAM KAOBON MMA/MUAYTHAI

  8. #18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Waterboy View Post
    Apart from the guys mentioned above (including my coach obviously), I'd defo agree with the OP's choice of Karo Parisyan. The guy used to roll with all the BJJ guys in LA and by all accounts is nigh-on untappable. That and the fact that he used to throw Randy around (as mentioned by Randy, not by Karo) he's top drawer. He's all Judo as far as I can gather - he never joined in with Eddie's class at Legends although I did hear mention that he was doing reciprocal one-on-ones with a Machado BB.

    In the UK I'd say there were a lot of top grapplers who aren't BJJ based - Rob Broughton, Dave Faulkner, Paul Cahoon, Tom Blackledge as well as a tonne of guys at Team Kaobon who've never put on a gi.

    As for other non-bjj grapplers, the Luta Livre guys like Eddie Alvarez spring to mind. He's with a BJJ gym now for sure, but as mentioned on another thread he went there at their request to teach nogi, rather than giving up LL to train BJJ.

    I'll take my Luta Livre ass off the BJJ forum now, sorry guys!
    i dont think he's pure judo i think he's trained by gene lebell and a guy called gokor who teaches the hayastan system ( his own )
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o63lZQnvsKA

  9. #19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Waterboy View Post
    Apart from the guys mentioned above (including my coach obviously), I'd defo agree with the OP's choice of Karo Parisyan. The guy used to roll with all the BJJ guys in LA and by all accounts is nigh-on untappable. That and the fact that he used to throw Randy around (as mentioned by Randy, not by Karo) he's top drawer. He's all Judo as far as I can gather - he never joined in with Eddie's class at Legends although I did hear mention that he was doing reciprocal one-on-ones with a Machado BB.

    In the UK I'd say there were a lot of top grapplers who aren't BJJ based - Rob Broughton, Dave Faulkner, Paul Cahoon, Tom Blackledge as well as a tonne of guys at Team Kaobon who've never put on a gi.

    As for other non-bjj grapplers, the Luta Livre guys like Eddie Alvarez spring to mind. He's with a BJJ gym now for sure, but as mentioned on another thread he went there at their request to teach nogi, rather than giving up LL to train BJJ.

    I'll take my Luta Livre ass off the BJJ forum now, sorry guys!
    karo is not just judo. gokors school is very judo based, but also works alot of sambo etc. But hayestan, where karo grew up. Is a amazing gym.

    Alvarez a Luta livre dude? His dad taught him how to fight in the basement, i believe (not a joke)

    For sure PEQUENO.. he is amazing.. also imho pound for pound one of the strongest guy alive, Also robert leitoa Sr is amazing.
    No worries waterboy. Luta livre is awesome

  10. #20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Duchman View Post
    karo is not just judo. gokors school is very judo based, but also works alot of sambo etc. But hayestan, where karo grew up. Is a amazing gym.

    Alvarez a Luta livre dude? His dad taught him how to fight in the basement, i believe (not a joke)

    For sure PEQUENO.. he is amazing.. also imho pound for pound one of the strongest guy alive, Also robert leitoa Sr is amazing.
    No worries waterboy. Luta livre is awesome
    I always get Alvarez and JZ Cavalcante confused for some reason!

    I will teach my sons how to fight in a basement, just in case they're ever trapped in one.
    www.kaobon.com home of TEAM KAOBON MMA/MUAYTHAI

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This website uses cookies to enhance user experience. They can be disabled at any time. Please see our FAQ's for details.