Thread: 10 June Tussles Worth Watching (sherdog)

Default 10 June Tussles Worth Watching (sherdog)

Hardy / Davis features again

Lots of other good bouts featured too

10 June Tussles Worth Watching
    Wednesday, June 03, 2009
    by Tim Leidecker

Early summer often holds the least amount of consequential mixed martial arts action, which seems perfectly understandable. Be honest. Most of you would rather hang out on the beach than spend an afternoon and evening in an arena, a bar or in front of a television set. Therein lies the reason many big promotions are on a summer break.

There will be no Affliction, Dream or Sengoku shows this month. The only organizations keeping the flag flying are traditional busy bee UFC, its main rival in the North American market, Strikeforce, and feeder shows like M-1, Pancrase and Deep.

Sherdog.com has compiled a rundown of 10 must-see MMA tussles for June.

As always, this list does not focus on the major bouts you already know to watch but rather on fights from all over the planet that are worth seeing.
    http://www.sherdog.com/news/articles...watching-17743

8. Luigi Fioravanti vs. Fabricio Nascimento
    XC-1, June 18 -- Rome, Italy

In the first MMA event held inside a cage on Italian soil, promoter XC-1 secured the support of American Top Team with UFC veteran Alessio Sakara’s help. As a result, ATT middleweight prospect Rich Attonito will compete in a four-man middleweight tournament, which also features Michele Verginelli, Igor Araujo and Gregory Babene. Meanwhile, UFC veteran Luigi Fioravanti takes on Novo Uniao black belt Fabricio Nascimento. Despite suffering through a rough 2008, the Italy-based Brazilian can threaten anyone at 170 pounds with his slick ground game.
    Nascimento - legend. And clearly mental.
    Dan Hardy talks Swick, GSP and Daley and trains with new thai coach at Libery gym in Nottingham HERE

I'll be seeing two of those fights live, cool

No mention of Urijah Faber vs Mike Brown rematch this weekend? I hope Brown can do it again.

Nathan
    Head Coach at Leicester Shootfighters
    Sponsored by Caged Steel and Empire Fight Shop

Let's go, the Outlaw!

@Nathan: Looking for good places to eat in Cologne at the moment...

The first cage event in Italy has been held the last 10th of May in Pisa, Tuscany.

Quote Originally Posted by Levo View Post
    No mention of Urijah Faber vs Mike Brown rematch this weekend? I hope Brown can do it again.
    The 10 tussles articles each month usually omit the big fights that everyone already knows about. Usually these articles make mention of the slightly smaller fights that may not be getting as much attention as they should be.
    Sherdog.com - The number one MMA site on the web today!

does anyone know any way of being able to watch the Brown Faber fight over in the UK?

it's on free tv here in North America so I'm sure there will be some certain sites where you can watch it live. However, it will be all over the net shortly after it happens.
    Sherdog.com - The number one MMA site on the web today!

I really dont see how Hardy cant win this fight, his style i think is Davis' poison. Davis is highly underestimating the outlaw, WAR HARDY!!!!!!
    "I'm either going to be knocked out, or he is going to be knocked out......or war, nothing else" - Wanderlei "The Axe Murderer" Silva