Roger Grace use real jiu jitsu.Man,he not do any
    faggotty sport shit.No jump for half guarde like
    game like many Faixa Azul guy try!
    No shit elec chair,jiu claw,meat head hook
    or shit like that.only nice jiu jitsu that gonna work
    in real fight outside discoteca.Man,all those guys was lucky
    he no allow for punch in face.

Quote Originally Posted by marc goddard View Post
    Hanging with Braulio ? Who said anything about hanging with Braulio ?

What belt am I ? I was never a bjj competitor and rarely trained in the gi. Braulio gave me a blue belt many years ago. I was always no gi / mma.

Sorry, but I dont understand the relevance / reasoning to your questions.
    I thought from what you were saying you must be a high level BJJ guy so I was interested to know what belt.

Quote Originally Posted by TRIBULUS View Post
    I thought from what you were saying you must be a high level BJJ guy so I was interested to know what belt.
    What [ or what did i say exactly ] would give you that impression / idea ?
    if you think its easy stop now

no one achieved anything by doing nothing

never argue with a fool

if fighting is a pursuit rooted in pain, you will find the best teachers have often absorbed the most punishment themselves......and remained standing

http://www.twitter.com/marcgoddard_uk

What [ or what did i say exactly ] would give you that impression / idea ?

when I used to train with him I was defending for 4 and half minutes, attacking for 30 seconds !!!
    In my experience of sparring with Braulio I have never been able to mount any kind of meaningful attack (or defend anything for long) so I assumed that if you were able to then you must have some decent grappling (BJJ) skills.

This of course from starting in his guard, when it was started standing / wrestling or was mma related it was a lot different.
    This statement indicates that you would get the better of him standing or MMA so once again I assumed you must have a high level of BJJ.

Anyway don't read too much into it, I was just interested to see a new face on the BJJ forum so I wondered what belt you were.

does it really matter? threads about Roger and Braulio.

Well done guys, true legends of our sport
    The Dungeon Sunderland / Checkmatt BJJ team

So with 4 in his weight class I wonder if Roger will go for 5 (which I don't think anyone has done before) or will it be time to concentrate on MMA.

I think Braulio is on 3 now so another one would put him up there with the best ever.

*** thinks and recoils his post ***

whats the bloody point.
    Last edited by marc goddard; 09-06-2009 at 11:53 PM.
    if you think its easy stop now

no one achieved anything by doing nothing

never argue with a fool

if fighting is a pursuit rooted in pain, you will find the best teachers have often absorbed the most punishment themselves......and remained standing

http://www.twitter.com/marcgoddard_uk

marc goddard = highly respected member of british mma community and from what i have seen a classy guy
    tribulus = wrong on this one

Quote Originally Posted by TRIBULUS View Post
    So with 4 in his weight class I wonder if Roger will go for 5 (which I don't think anyone has done before) or will it be time to concentrate on MMA.

I think Braulio is on 3 now so another one would put him up there with the best ever.
    The hard part for Roger is that he is in a weightclass that has such a big spread (290-206 lbs). Someone like Lesnar who comes in at 290 lbs by fight time or Kongo who has an 82 inch reach (6 foot 10) can present some serious problems.

I don't even know if he could cut to LHW but I would think that is where he needs to be.

If they established a 235 lbs division for guys like Couture, Big Nog, etc I think that would be ideal for Roger.

Although I suppose something like Satoshi Ishii vs Roger Gracie would be a real possiblity in Sengoku as they are of comparable fight and it would be a safe fight (no real danger of taking striking damage) for both of them.