Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Roger and Braulio win at Mundials

lmao @ you two battling, who gives a fuck!
    The Dungeon Sunderland / Checkmatt BJJ team

Rogers on 6 for his weight class and 2 for the abs!
    Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and Thai Boxing in Farnborough
    Full time academy!
    http://www.andyrobertsbjj.com

Quote Originally Posted by GBUK-Sheffield View Post
    Rogers on 6 for his weight class and 2 for the abs!
    Sorry for the mistake, so with 6 wins he is already the most successful Jiu Jitsu fighter ever. I would of thought he could have his pick of fight organisations.

I don't like that guy Braulio,when I was purple belt he make me look stupid.
    he helicopter arm bar me 7 time in one round.He was Blue belt.i never gonna
    forgive him for this disrespec.

According to J Sho's spreadsheet, since 1996 at the Mundials; Roger is the most successful BJJ competitor (and I think ever?) and Braulio is the 14th most successful.

Hopefully they both have plans to add more golds to their trophy cabinets too.
    http://www.ChrisReesAcademy.com - http://thetattooedchimp.blogspot.co.uk/

Slightly Bonkers shakus maximus's Avatar

I don't like that guy Braulio,when I was purple belt he make me look stupid.
    he helicopter arm bar me 7 time in one round.He was Blue belt.i never gonna
    forgive him for this disrespec.
    awesome
    creonte = greatest poster of all time

To be fair, Braulio helicopter'd me once. I am still spinning now.

Ps- Congratulations to both of them, I will never forget how Roger scared the s**t ouf of me driving me home in Rio either. Plus there was no room in the seat behind him

Quote Originally Posted by BruceLeeMMAfighting.net View Post
    The hard part for Roger is that he is in a weightclass that has such a big spread (290-206 lbs). Someone like Lesnar who comes in at 290 lbs by fight time or Kongo who has an 82 inch reach (6 foot 10) can present some serious problems.

I don't even know if he could cut to LHW but I would think that is where he needs to be.

If they established a 235 lbs division for guys like Couture, Big Nog, etc I think that would be ideal for Roger.
    Well he's already subbed a much bigger guy(Waterman). I think if he trained seriously for MMA he'd be a successful HW, I don't think he could/should cut to LHW.

Quote Originally Posted by TRIBULUS View Post
    So with 4 in his weight class I wonder if Roger will go for 5 (which I don't think anyone has done before) or will it be time to concentrate on MMA.

I think Braulio is on 3 now so another one would put him up there with the best ever.
    Robson Moura (1997 - 2000),Saulo (1997 - 2000), Roleta (1996 - 1999), Royler Gracie (1996 - 1999) and Cobrinha (2006 - 2009) have won a weight category 4 years in a row. Roger has won a weight category 6 years in a row
    Cobrinha (2007 - 2009) and Roleta 1996 - 1998) have also won the mundials & pan ams in the same year 3 years consecutively.

All the guys with 2 or more golds at the mundials. (W = weight category/o = openweight).

Ordering based on: Total number of golds then total number of absolute golds then total number of silver