Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Flyweights in the UK

Dinky Ninja
    Paul McVeigh
    Pro Fighter

Default Flyweights in the UK

Are there any flyweights in the uk I think the weight category is 58kg. I'm specifically looking for semi pro level guys.

Cheers
    MMA Strength, Conditioning and Awesomeness Blog- UPDATED 8/2/11 Random Musings prior to actual content http://maccavelli.wordpress.com/

Flyweight - 125 pounds = 56.6990463 kilograms

Effectively 57kg

We just had Mike Neale win his pro mma debut at 57 kgs. Commonwealth gold medalist at Judo.

Quote Originally Posted by Reedy View Post
    We just had Mike Neale win his pro mma debut at 57 kgs. Commonwealth gold medalist at Judo.
    Wasn't he fighting a weight up at Bantamweight as well?
    Pedro Bessa BJJ Bristol. Sweatbox MMA.
    Quote Originally Posted by God of CW View Post
    God likes head kick knock outs.

it was announced as bantamweight

Was it?? It was made at 57 kgs which they both weighed in at.

Quote Originally Posted by Reedy View Post
    Was it?? It was made at 57 kgs which they both weighed in at.
    I'm pretty sure someone was announced as 57.7 too or around and abouts. I threw my notes away now :/

I been wondering this. I walk around at 62.5 kilos so flyweight would be feasible for me.

Are there any organisations in the UK that have fights at this weight? I have seem bantam fights but never seen a flyweight one, I know in JPN they have them but surprised they have them here.

Hate being the small guy in the gym- where I am no-one walks at less than 70kilos. I should move to Japan, or Italy or somewhere where on average people are smaller.

Iv got a lad at 58Kg semi-pro But he's only 16yrs old, we've also got a Pro at 58kg
    Declan Williams - 5-3-3 Pro Bantamweight - Manchester Predators/Team Warriors Elite