Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Offshore mma/BJJ

he is hurting for you, misses you bad,told me this himself

Quote Originally Posted by thaison View Post
    he is hurting for you, misses you bad,told me this himself
    hahaha

if he said that then he's onyl trying to get better at gay chicken....sounds like you lost dude.

how was today?

after paul gave me a reach around it was fuzzy and warm

I picked my mate up and drove home last night. He'd been doing 15's commissioning. "How'd it go?" "don't ask" was the reply.

I don't see it as being easy money when I have to go.
    The money is good but you do even better with the right qualifications.
    I wouldn't see it as an easy way for uni drop outs to make money. If you can't stick out uni life, I have my doubts whether you would last offshore.

With regards to training MMA offshore: wouldn't they have a fit if they saw people trying to incapacitate one another on some mats? There'd bound to be someone who would fill out a stop card or something.
    www.dinkyninjas.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Fitz View Post
    There'd bound to be someone who would fill out a stop card or something.

so true lol

Quote Originally Posted by Fitz View Post
    You want to drop out of uni to work a minimum of a 12 hour shift for two weeks at a time away from your family?
    I wanna make real money, as fast as possible. I just dont want to end up skint at 30. I heard that job is rewarding.

Oil platform, training and gettin paid, awesome!!

I work offshore and train hard while I'm there. I work in Liverpool Bay though, Irish Sea so no good for any of you north sea lads.

On here the gym is very good, split into two a cardio and weights/bag area and theres loads of us who all train together.
    They wont let us get mats though and grapple or even drill as the risk of someone getting injured isn't worth the hastle!

Its worked well for me over the last four years, I work 2 on 3 off and have a Pro Record of 5-0 with a couple of Thai fights in between and started with some Am/Semi-pro in that time aswell.

As for leaving Uni and getting a job offshore you must be stupid! What good company would employ someone who's done that? And what qualifications would you have to just get a job?
    TEAM KAOBON LIVERPOOL

Quote Originally Posted by Le_Divin_Marquis View Post
    I wanna make real money, as fast as possible. I just dont want to end up skint at 30. I heard that job is rewarding.
    dude seriously...stay at uni!! gives you more options in the long run.

plus if you really want to work offshore you can get a cushy engineer type job where you dont get covered in shite everyday!

wish i could go back and study.... i certainly wouldnt be out in the middle of the ocean hanging off ropes to pay the bills!!

Quote Originally Posted by hurricane View Post
    dude seriously...stay at uni!! gives you more options in the long run.

plus if you really want to work offshore you can get a cushy engineer type job where you dont get covered in shite everyday!

wish i could go back and study.... i certainly wouldnt be out in the middle of the ocean hanging off ropes to pay the bills!!

Dean is it rope access you do mate?