Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MMA training in Sheffield or around that area.

Default MMA training in Sheffield or around that area.

Ye as the title says im looking for a good MMA gym in sheffield or near sheffield. Any help is appreciated.

'The Forge' has MMA classes (Billy Glossop from Caged Steel I believe), BJJ classes (under John Goldson, brown belt under Lucio 'Lagarto' Rodrigues), wrestling classes and I think thai classes too.

Their website is down at the moment as far as I know.
    Dan Hardy talks Swick, GSP and Daley and trains with new thai coach at Libery gym in Nottingham HERE

Anyone got any prices of the class's? I'm looking for somewhere dirt cheap

Quote Originally Posted by the jabroni View Post
    Anyone got any prices of the class's? I'm looking for somewhere dirt cheap
    U moving away ????????????
    3-5-1

hey, my Classes at wild wild mma are on Tues Thurs and Sat's in sheffield. 2hrs per class min, we train hard, we train well and prices cheap and good facilty. Send me a text on 07883143304 for more details, or email me at wildwildmma@hotmail.co.uk. Cheers Billy Glossop
    Sponsored By OLIMP Sports Nutrition. NUTRITION FIRST (Derby).

Default reply

John looks like i'm off for the year pal to sheffield to study a masters - as long as funding etc comes through. Just money will be tight so i'm looking for cheap. Heard the Gracie Barra is 12quid a session! eeeek!
    Wonder if anywhere there does student discount? haha

I thought they would have been more classes at the English Institute Of Sport? Looks like a good cheap boxing class there. That place is imense, loved competing at the English Wrestling Championships last year there.

Rich

It's been a few years since I moved from Sheffield but I still keep in touch with the instructor and a few other students at GB Sheffield. I believe it's 40 a month with 5 on top for any class taught by a Blackbelt. Check out their Facebook group. I do remeber the classes being 12 at one point not long before I left, which was 3 years ago and was for the classes taught by a blackbelt only. I think I am right in saying their current timetable is

Monday 5:15-6:00 Kids BJJ
    6:00-7:00 Adult Gi Class Beginners
    7:00-8:30 Adult Gi Class Intermediate

Tuesday KICKBOXING 6:00-7:00 (option to stop till 7:30 for sparing)
    7:30-9:00 Adult MMA (any level)

Wednesday 5:15-6:00 Kids BJJ
    6:00-7:00 Adult Gi Class Beginners
    7:00-8:30 Adult Gi Class Intermediate

Thursday
    6:00-7:30 Adult Freestyle wrestling (taken by GB Coach Shaun Morley)
    7:30-9:00 Adult MMA (any level)

Friday
    6:30-8:30 Open mat, come and work on anything you like,
    Gi, No Gi or conditioning

Sunday
    11:00- 1:30 Open mat, come and work on anything you like, Gi, No Gi or conditioning

thanks.

Do you know how much per session? 40 a month bahr! Training isn't cheap! I'm used to paying 1.60 for wrestling and free at abduls. Nothing on the facebook group about Student discount?

Quote Originally Posted by "The Kid" View Post
    hey, my Classes at wild wild mma are on Tues Thurs and Sat's in sheffield. 2hrs per class min, we train hard, we train well and prices cheap and good facilty. Send me a text on 07883143304 for more details, or email me at wildwildmma@hotmail.co.uk. Cheers Billy Glossop
    They defintiely do train hard!!!
    LOL Ill vouch for that one! Good bunch of lads get yourself down

www.theforge-ma.co.uk
    Looking for K-1 Kickboxers ALL Levels 26th Feb