Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Confidentiality ?

Default Confidentiality ?

Someone at work spoke to me in confidence about a few things last week.

My manager has asked me to make a statement about what we spoke about.

Is this a breach of confidentiality ?? I don't really want to make a statement.

Anyone know anything about stuff like this ?

Cheers
    I swear before this company that I shall fight to the death for my king. If my king or my lord shall die, I shall take his place & fight as he would have fought. If any man here see me taken with weak heart & run away, he shall remind me of this pledge, made here before my kin.

What did he say?

EDIT: sorry, was abit cuntish
    This is not a gif. It is an actual video of Fedor doing infinate press ups.
    3-0-0

Basically the guy is being bullied but he asked me not to say anything
    I swear before this company that I shall fight to the death for my king. If my king or my lord shall die, I shall take his place & fight as he would have fought. If any man here see me taken with weak heart & run away, he shall remind me of this pledge, made here before my kin.

bullied at work?

man that sucks nothing worse than being an adult thats being bullied.
    "My whole life is an epic journey man, I mean who else do you know that listens to Enya whilst taking a dump?"

Well i wouldnt quote me mate. in fact dont. But im pretty sure you dont need too. Maybe go above your managers head and find out? If it was me personally, id tell the manager to jog on, as i would think its a breach of privacy. Sorry i cant be any help mate.
    This is not a gif. It is an actual video of Fedor doing infinate press ups.
    3-0-0

Are u in a union at all mate
    3-5-1

Yeah, it's pretty bad n I feel sorry for him.

Personally I think it is a breach of privacy, do you think ACAS will be able to advise me ??

I don't think there is any legal issue of confidentiality, but on a personal level if I promised someone I wouldn't repeat something then I'd stick to that (unless future actions gave me a reason not to).
    http://www.ChrisReesAcademy.com - http://thetattooedchimp.blogspot.co.uk/

Yeah get on to the union your u dont have to tell your boss nothing, get onto to your rep for advice. The place were I work is closed shop were u have to join the union when you start there.
    3-5-1

No I'm not in a union, I'm considering joing one though after some of the shit that's gone on lately.

His email states " your covering yourself by making a statement if he takes it further and he could say that he's already informed you "