Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: MOBO's and BEA racist?

Default MOBO's and BEA racist?

why is it that there are MOBO awards? isnt that a little rascist, im sure people wouldnt be happy if there was a MOWO awards?

Also whats with this statement from Jamie Foxx

Show host Jamie Foxx put the program in party mode from the start, dancing Jackson's famous moonwalk, singing his hit song "Beat It" and wearing a classic King of Pop costume -- red leather jacket and one white glove.

"We're going to celebrate this black man. He belongs to us, and we shared him with everybody else," Foxx told the crowd.
    Again imagine if someone who was white said this.

Isnt this quite hypocritical?

Pisses me off because i know some people on here will jump to the defensive and say... whats your problem like?

Surely Foxx saying this isnt acceptable, thats segregation right there, gets me annoyed when i hear this shite. Either we are all in it together or not
    Last edited by Nimmy; 29-06-2009 at 12:03 PM.

Yeah, I kind of agree with you mate. Just wish everyone could ignore the whole different skin colour issue.
    http://www.ChrisReesAcademy.com - http://thetattooedchimp.blogspot.co.uk/

I second that

Quote Originally Posted by Nimmy View Post
    why is it that there are MOBO awards? isnt that a little rascist, im sure people wouldnt be happy if there was a MOWO awards?

Also whats with this statement from Jamie Foxx

Again imagine if someone who was white said this.

Isnt this quite hypocritical?

Pisses me off because i know some people on here will jump to the defensive and say... whats your problem like?

Surely Foxx saying this isnt acceptable, thats segregation right there, gets me annoyed when i hear this shite. Either we are all in it together or not
    Yeah I noticed this as well and thought what if it was the other way round? There would be hell to pay.

agree, most sensible educated people dont really give a toss what colour someone is.... i know i dont...and take the piss without prejudice of all of my mates (who cover a huge spectrum of races/religions etc etc...)

as a side not tho a ridiculous comment as MJ spend his rather bizarre life doing his best to alter his look/skin colour etc etc...

A few years ago i lived with a black dude who i got on real well with but one thing that pissed me off was he used to frequent a chatroom called "black chat" - how is it not racist and how he couldn't see the racism in it is beyond me - he claimed it was just people from the same culture having somewhere to chat...but he couldn't understand why excluding "others" was wrong.

Unfortunately it is just true that for the majority of the history of civilised society in the west, white people have done a great injustice to non-whites.

What we see now is just the backlash, but that doesn't make it ok imo. Nor does it help people ignore skin colour.

The whole idea of race/ethnicity/colour is ridiculous and humanity would be much better off without it. No one cares about eye or hair colour... well, except gingers, they're a bit weird.
    http://www.ChrisReesAcademy.com - http://thetattooedchimp.blogspot.co.uk/

Of course they are racist. By definition, you cannot enter if you are the wrong race. But is that a problem? If I run a club and say I don't want tall people to join, that's my choice. People may not agree with my choice, but too bad, it's my club

Now, if I say tall people smell or if I go and attack a tall person, that's a different kettle of fish
    www.vtjiujitsu.co.uk - Part of the Bristol Alliance

Wiltshire's Strongest Person 2008

House of Pain Bantamweight British Champion

Rally driver extraordinaire!

Let's all celebrate this black man

How do you turn a phrase?

Quote Originally Posted by Leigh View Post
    Of course they are racist. By definition, you cannot enter if you are the wrong race. But is that a problem? If I run a club and say I don't want tall people to join, that's my choice. People may not agree with my choice, but too bad, it's my club

Now, if I say tall people smell or if I go and attack a tall person, that's a different kettle of fish
    That sounds like a good club to me; I'm 5'5"!