Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Any BJJ calsses in or near the Swindon area??

Quote Originally Posted by kungfukris View Post
    i will let you guys know when i know, i thought it would have been up and running by now, but i know Italo has been very busy! think he has a place sorted but just needs to arrange times and days etc.
    Sorry to keep bashing on about this but whats the latest?
    Has Italo abandoned this idea?

Default Swindon BJJ

Hi Guys,

Just found this thread on a random google search, but I've been looking for a Swindon BJJ club for years. I used to train in Nottingham but moved here 2005. Went to Pedro Bessa in Bristol a fair few times and he's very good, but a little too far to go after work.

Please keep me up-to-date on the club as I would be interested.

Thanks

we had a venue but it fell through, if anybody knows of a venue that we can use on thursday nights could you let me know and we can get something sorted asap.

Default Any BJJ calsses in or near the Swindon area

Oooh la la. Thats right by me. Thanks for the heads up.

I wonder if Ill be in town next weekend. Registration the day of OK?

Quote Originally Posted by kungfukris View Post
    we had a venue but it fell through, if anybody knows of a venue that we can use on thursday nights could you let me know and we can get something sorted asap.
    Link centre, Oasis leisure centre, Liden community centre, Greendown secondary school, Swindon college, New college, theres loads of venues in swindon mate!

yeh i know but he can only really do thursday evenings and most of where you mentioned are fully booked at this time, or they dont have mats. if you know of any that are defo free thurs eve then we will get onto it.

I agree with igotgame, I have spoken with Haydon Wick sports centre in North Swindon and they have told me that private clubs are welcome at all the many council centres in Swindon (dependant upon times/days). I didn't know at the time that Thursday was the only option else I would have asked.

Another idea is using local schools halls. A jitsu club i'm using at the moment (as no BJJ) uses Oliver Tompkins school hall in west swindon. This is used on Mondays and Thursdays though, but other schools may have mats and be available.

Scorpion gym in town may be interested in some BJJ classes being run as I know they do some MMA. I'll have a word with a guy I know who goes there.

There are also a shed load of private gyms in Swindon and this really may be a good bet.
    I used to train at a small MMA club (disbanded) that used a private gym in Stratton, Central/North Swindon. I just looked it up:

http://clubenergiseswindon.co.uk/default.aspx

It looks like it now has a fully matted room. I know that the MMA group just used to pay to use the room (only a few matts then) and it was fine.

I'll start asking around now the Hols are over.
    Let me know if anyone has any ideas or contacts.
    Cheers,
    Rob

FAO Italo / Kungfu Chris

I may have found a great venue.

It is a private health club gym in Swindon:

http://clubenergiseswindon.co.uk/default.aspx

It has is own fully matted dojo.

The club is run and owned by Jeff Pearson who is a black belt Karate and very interested in martial arts.

I have spoken to Jeff who is helpful and he told me he would be interested in you opening a club there.

Jeff is also planning to double the size of the existing dojo to help with more martial arts classes.

Gym Tel No: 01793 333666

Jeff Pearson (owner) Tel No: 07771 588477

I have told Jeff that you may be in touch to talk about a new class.

Let me know how it works out.

Thanks,

Rob

hey, just came accross this forum, seemed pretty interesting, i know theres a japanes jiu jitsu club in swindon, but im not really interested in that. if you get any news soon please keep me in touch, also have you thought of schools close to swindon available?
    thanks