Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Commission Project.

I think you have just pissed on your own bonfire. My input was constructive criticism and not meant as an attack on you or what you are doing. I think that my views are relevant if you are aiming to represent MMA as a governing body as this will ultimately affect Prokumite and all other Promoters.

I don't see too many other Promoters contributing to the thread and if it is going to work you have to consider their views. No promoters no fights and no need for a governing body.

You might do better to start with a committee so that a representation of the fraternity can decide the way forward.

Has anyone thought about setting up an amateur organisation to at least get MMA recognised as a genuine sport?

The only thing I can compare what I mean to is TMA's. Where you pay a yearly fee (minimal) which then covers the club for insurance etc. When events are put on the competitors pay to compete (minimal) to cover the cost of the event. This could then get MMA recognised as a sport and the clubs paying get something in return e.g. insurance and recognition of being associated with an organisation.

If it was a success then it could be used as leverage for MMA being recognised as a pro sport as well and be the basis of a governing body.

The only down side is people would have to get away from the paid cage fighter image and actually think of it as a sport.

My interest is suddenly starting to dwindle, I thought there may have been something in this one, but the cracks are already starting to show through, (waits for another attempt on the same old subject).......................
    Rich Austin

Quote Originally Posted by mickholdaway View Post
    I think you have just pissed on your own bonfire. My input was constructive criticism and not meant as an attack on you or what you are doing. I think that my views are relevant if you are aiming to represent MMA as a governing body as this will ultimately affect Prokumite and all other Promoters.

I don't see too many other Promoters contributing to the thread and if it is going to work you have to consider their views. No promoters no fights and no need for a governing body.

You might do better to start with a committee so that a representation of the fraternity can decide the way forward.
    just emailed you.

Sorry but I didnt see any constructive criticism in your post

I simply asked what you pay your officials, a simple answer would have given me information on the matter, however instead you replied.

"I would have felt more comfortable if you already knew such figures as you intend to manage this aspect."

not constructive.

This is indicative of the replies to each statement.

You ended with :

"In principle Prokumite is up for a governing body as it will afford many benefits to the fraternity as a whole"

This is your promotion so your basically saying that I'm stepping on your toes.

"those who head the body must know the business inside out and that can only be achieved by having a representative from every aspect of the sport."

Constructive and also repeating my own thoughts on the matter which i have already portayed in a previous thread.

If you are going to make Pro Kumite a governing body and cease to operate as a promotion then fair enough, you have my support.

I see what your saying about a committee and agree but i think it would be better to have some sort of a business plan to approch prospective members with.
    Last edited by Mc6pack; 23-07-2009 at 12:02 PM.

Rich, you're interest is dwindling as is many other peoples. I guess that's why there is no governing body and won't be for a long time if ever. People get all hyped up about it and want to go all guns blazing. When it appears it may take alot of time to thoroughly plan out and think through then people lose interest.

If a governing body is ever set up it will take years to do and no one at the moment appears to be able to give that long term commitment to this project. Maybe in 5 - 10 years time when fighters are retiring they may have the time to commit to this. I think there was a thread by Reedy that was asking what to do with his time after retiring, well this could be it!

I think you have it all wrong mate. When i wrote Prokumite is up for a governing body i meant that any governing body would have our support not that Prokumite was forming a governing body. I will rephrase, Prokumite will support a governing body or serious proposals to form one.

I think also that you misinterpret my posts as no being constructive.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt T View Post
    Rich, you're interest is dwindling as is many other peoples. I guess that's why there is no governing body and won't be for a long time if ever. People get all hyped up about it and want to go all guns blazing. When it appears it may take alot of time to thoroughly plan out and think through then people lose interest.

If a governing body is ever set up it will take years to do and no one at the moment appears to be able to give that long term commitment to this project. Maybe in 5 - 10 years time when fighters are retiring they may have the time to commit to this. I think there was a thread by Reedy that was asking what to do with his time after retiring, well this could be it!
    Why not pave the way NOW ?

I'm gonna carry on regardless, I have spare time and its a worthy cause. those who CBA or are against this can easily ignore it, I dont really mind if this is a waste of time as after more thought I realise it cannot possibly be a waste of my own time. I enjoy learning and will find even more enjoyment learning more about the sport i love.

This may well fail but what the hey, its worth a try and im willing to try.

Rome wasnt built in a day.

Quote Originally Posted by mickholdaway View Post
    I think you have it all wrong mate. When i wrote Prokumite is up for a governing body i meant that any governing body would have our support not that Prokumite was forming a governing body. I will rephrase, Prokumite will support a governing body or serious proposals to form one.

I think also that you misinterpret my posts as no being constructive.
    Apologies, the first reply u gave imediately put the post into a negative light in my own mind.

I must admit that my statements are uneduacated at the moment, I am really just trying to get to grips with the entire picture, i need advice and constructive critism.
    Last edited by Mc6pack; 23-07-2009 at 12:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mc6pack View Post
    Why not pave the way NOW ?

I'm gonna carry on regardless, I have spare time and its a worthy cause. those who CBA or are against this can easily ignore it, I dont really mind if this is a waste of time as after more thought I realise it cannot possibly be a waste of my own time. I enjoy learning and will find even more enjoyment learning more about the sport i love.

This may well fail but what the hey, its worth a try and im willing to try.

Rome wasnt built in a day.
    Rome wasn't built in a day which is what I was saying in my post. Stop reading every post as negative against you, I never said it was a waste of time I simply said it would take time. If you're committed to it and for the long term then you can succeed in creating a governing body. What you need to think about is how it's going to be paid for and why should people pay for it. I think most people support the idea of a governing body to protect promoters, clubs and fighters etc but how can it be done and why are the questions that need answering.

Just keep it going i'm reading with interest and i'm sure other people are too. Maybe research is needed on what Athletioc commissions in the USA do or what the BBBoC does