Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Commission Project.

this is a good idea, i would be more thah happy to be involved and help in any way. i have experience with a few different commissions over here in the US and i can see pros and cons to having one. im sure that if we get our heads together we can make it beneficial to everyone.
    Dan 'The Outlaw' Hardy
    'ROUGH HOUSE SOLDIER'

www.danhardymma.com

Sponsored by:-

TapouT, Xyience, Earache Records, Fightshop.com, Gumshields.com, Roko, MMA Unlimited.

"into the battles, making cages rattle, there's a pain thats inside us and we're letting it out"

Quote Originally Posted by theOutlaw View Post
    this is a good idea, i would be more thah happy to be involved and help in any way. i have experience with a few different commissions over here in the US and i can see pros and cons to having one. im sure that if we get our heads together we can make it beneficial to everyone.
    who are you?
    "No one deserves to be unbeaten" Dan Hardy post Cage Warriors Strike force 1 2005
    "I wanna be in fights that make history" Paul Daley post UFC 108 2010
    MMA Connect

Quote Originally Posted by BBEMMA View Post
    I think it is a great idea. I've worked as a commissioner/inspector for the UFC UK events. The NSAC trained the officials and the UFC follows the NASC regulations as a blue print fro their shows whenever they are not in a sanctioned jurisdiction. Having worked under these regulations, I believe it is an excellent system and believe implementing it in the UK would be a good thing for UK MMA.

In order for the commission to be efficient it needs to be ruled as a completely independent organisation. Everybody involved should not have any interest in any MMA organisations (such as promoters, managers, trainers, media, ...). I was a commissioner then I chose to manage a fighter therefore I had to stop being a commissioner because of the obvious conflict of interest. The commission needs to sanction promoters and fighters based on their respectability and not based on their relationship with the fighters or promoters. And again the commission may have to reprimand certain fighters and promoters and should feel free of doing it if needed.

It'd be more than happy to share my experience with you guys and based on what I said above, I would not be an active member of the commission. I would just like to help getting it up and running. I believe the regulations will bring safety, respectability and professionalism to our sport. I can also ask people at the NSAC to give us some tips (something that I have discussed many times with them before).
    thankyou for getting onboard, your experience will be of great benefit to us, I think that it is pretty much agreed uopn that the BMMAC will be a non profit organisation with a commitee that consists of experienced MMA representatives that hold no outside interest. Im gonna put up a thread for candidates, even though were at an early stage I think considerating these things now while were waiting for other developments will save us alot of time in the long run.

Quote Originally Posted by theOutlaw View Post
    speechless... my nagging payed off !
    Last edited by Mc6pack; 25-07-2009 at 02:32 AM.

Hi Mc6pack. Do not hesitate to pm me if you need. I'd be glad to contribute to such an important project.

Keep at it Mc6pack! You have my mere 18 year old support.

In essence what you want is what the US has which is a state athletic commission.

I am on the fence with this as I can see the pros and cons.
    For some it would be hard to be told what you can or can't do.
    A lot of promotors won't pay a commision.
    For so many different rules and promotions this whole thing would be very hard to police.
    Who would decide who sits on the panel? You can't just select yourself as this would upset a lot of people.
    A lot of fighters wouldn't pay for a licence.

A governing body is great but at this time I just can't see it working. There would be far too many rogue break away promotions.

but the us commissions are profit making organizations, are they not?
    couldn't we create something more like an advisory council, no need for fighters/promoters to pay for licenses etc., just a commission of volunteers, who's sole purpose is to regulate, officiate, advise and generally try to push the sport forward and make it more and more professional.
    get the officials to draw up guide lines together, with the support of fighters and promoters wherever possible, and try to have at least one official at each show, to see that guidelines are followed where possible, and also be there in an advisory capacity.
    PROFESSIONAL MMA SHIT.
    LIKES FREE STUFF.
    GIVE ME MONEY.

Last edited by markjitsu; 03-08-2009 at 11:13 PM. Reason: no more need for sarcastic comment regarding auto-bot
    PROFESSIONAL MMA SHIT.
    LIKES FREE STUFF.
    GIVE ME MONEY.

I think you made a good post Mark
    "No one deserves to be unbeaten" Dan Hardy post Cage Warriors Strike force 1 2005
    "I wanna be in fights that make history" Paul Daley post UFC 108 2010
    MMA Connect