Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 70

Thread: Commission Project.

  1. #31

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Matt T View Post
    Rome wasn't built in a day which is what I was saying in my post. Stop reading every post as negative against you, I never said it was a waste of time I simply said it would take time. If you're committed to it and for the long term then you can succeed in creating a governing body. What you need to think about is how it's going to be paid for and why should people pay for it. I think most people support the idea of a governing body to protect promoters, clubs and fighters etc but how can it be done and why are the questions that need answering.
    I personally think a governing body could be set up quite quickly. Set the body up first to show that it can be done and then get it accepted.

    I think that fighters, promoters, officials and other interested parties should put their names forward for a committee and get the ball rolling. It would be a simple thing to arrange a meeting somewhere to get things underway. If Mc6pack wants to do the organizational bit then what have we all got to looser. The difference between others who have a governing body and MMA is that they got together and done it.

  2. #32

    Default

    the big problem is us.
    mma people are free thinkers and do not like to be told what to do by anyone.
    if ego's could be swallowed?
    maybe i just hit the nail on the head on the head there?
    im very negative i know, but its the truth
    People hate those who make them feel their own inferiority.
    its the hunter that choses the hunting ground, not the wolves

    Sambo Wrestler sponsored by 'Lean And Green'

  3. #33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mickholdaway View Post
    I personally think a governing body could be set up quite quickly. Set the body up first to show that it can be done and then get it accepted.

    I think that fighters, promoters, officials and other interested parties should put their names forward for a committee and get the ball rolling. It would be a simple thing to arrange a meeting somewhere to get things underway. If Mc6pack wants to do the organizational bit then what have we all got to looser. The difference between others who have a governing body and MMA is that they got together and done it.
    A governing body of sorts probably could be set up quite quickly, how effective it will be is another story. For example what happens when promoter A has last minute pull outs on his/her fight card? They try to get last minute replacements but for whatever reason these fighters aren't approved by the governing body. Does the promoter cancel fights and put on a poor show which can affect future shows of his/hers (and profits) or do they say f*ck the governing body, it's not recognised by anyone anyway so who cares?

  4. #34

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by uk-1 View Post
    the big problem is us.
    mma people are free thinkers and do not like to be told what to do by anyone.
    if ego's could be swallowed?
    maybe i just hit the nail on the head on the head there?
    im very negative i know, but its the truth
    If they are free thinkers then surely they will see the benefits of a governing body. At an event all in attendance have to abide by the rules, if they are able to do this then surely they could extend that to abiding by the rules of a governing body. I don't think egos should come into it all.

  5. #35

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Matt T View Post
    A governing body of sorts probably could be set up quite quickly, how effective it will be is another story. For example what happens when promoter A has last minute pull outs on his/her fight card? They try to get last minute replacements but for whatever reason these fighters aren't approved by the governing body. Does the promoter cancel fights and put on a poor show which can affect future shows of his/hers (and profits) or do they say f*ck the governing body, it's not recognised by anyone anyway so who cares?
    I think that i have covered this aspect exceedingly well with our fighter registration process. We have around 200 registered fighters now and growing, we do not have a problem when there is an injury or a fighter pull out. I think we had about 6 at the last event and yes it is frustrating but not a problem.

    With regard to being not recognized by anyone, if the promoters are behind it then to fight at an event fighters must be registered. Prokumite have proved this can be done and the same was apparent with the BFC. Perhaps Kainer can shed some light on this aspect??

  6. #36

    Default

    ahhh if only you were right about the ego's. but your not.
    People hate those who make them feel their own inferiority.
    its the hunter that choses the hunting ground, not the wolves

    Sambo Wrestler sponsored by 'Lean And Green'

  7. #37

    Default

    but good luck, i hope it works out. and i will say i was wrong
    People hate those who make them feel their own inferiority.
    its the hunter that choses the hunting ground, not the wolves

    Sambo Wrestler sponsored by 'Lean And Green'

  8. #38

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mickholdaway View Post
    I think that i have covered this aspect exceedingly well with our fighter registration process. We have around 200 registered fighters now and growing, we do not have a problem when there is an injury or a fighter pull out. I think we had about 6 at the last event and yes it is frustrating but not a problem.

    With regard to being not recognized by anyone, if the promoters are behind it then to fight at an event fighters must be registered. Prokumite have proved this can be done and the same was apparent with the BFC. Perhaps Kainer can shed some light on this aspect??
    in what sense

    Everyone has databases and if their was a governing body the GB would have a central database of registered fighters (who i guess would have to re-apply again at the start of the calender year)

  9. #39

    Default

    ive prepared a mail shot for a bunch of clubs in the south....


    should i send it ? or is this the wrong way to go about it ?
    Last edited by Mc6pack; 23-07-2009 at 04:26 PM.

  10. #40

    Default

    dont put ppls emails on here

    it's a spam bot's dream!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This website uses cookies to enhance user experience. They can be disabled at any time. Please see our FAQ's for details.