Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Interested Parties

I am neither a fighter or a promoter (but I do train).

I would be happy to write letters and/or press releases and do any other secretarial work.

I feel that well written correspondence would give the effort a more professional appearance and I could lessen the workload of others whose experience is more gainfully applied elsewhere.

Simon

Quote Originally Posted by SWM View Post
    I would be happy to write letters and/or press releases and do any other secretarial work.
    FLUFFING?

Rich Austin

Well done Mc6pack, it appears that youíve got this train rolliní mate.

I am not a fighter or promoter, just a fan who enjoys MMW and is keen to see this project succeed. Iím retired so can offer my time; maybe I can be of some help with any areas of administration? If I can be of any help to you at all, PM me and Iíll be pleased to do so.
    Y'all keep safe & be lucky.

Gerry.

Default Im interested

Hi
    Yea i`interested in anything that will promote MMA in a positive way

Keith Gililand
    www.martialartsunlimited.net

I think regulation would be great and would be happy to help but unless someone needs trolling, I'm not sure how much input I can add

Dale Adams did it before with BAMMA. He did a lot of what has been discussed here - he had a panel of people from the UK MMA scene and would vote on different issues. However noone (aside from his Ultimate Combat) bothered getting regulated and I think that might be one of the big hurdles - convincing promoters that regulation is important

I think bringing in Dale/Laura, or at least talking to them would be a good idea, although I know a lot of people feel that maybe bridges have been burned
    Last edited by Leigh; 24-07-2009 at 03:04 PM.
    www.vtjiujitsu.co.uk - Part of the Bristol Alliance

Wiltshire's Strongest Person 2008

House of Pain Bantamweight British Champion

Rally driver extraordinaire!

Pro Fighter
    self-appointed boss of the forum

Speaking to Dale/Laura is a reasonable idea. BAMMA did have potential and actually both them have got some solid experieince. I guess at the moment they have no ties to a promotion....so independant

Quote Originally Posted by ReD_mIst View Post
    Speaking to Dale/Laura is a reasonable idea. BAMMA did have potential and actually both them have got some solid experieince. I guess at the moment they have no ties to a promotion....so independant
    Was BAMMA not a promotion?
    IMO a governing body should be independent from promoters/promotions, if they put on thier own shows then they are not.

A governing body should be there to enable it's membership to compete on an equal basis with each other, with any profit coming from sanction's etc going back into the sport at grass roots level. If a governing body holds it's own shows they are promoters.

Pro Fighter

No, the original BAMMA was a governing body of sorts. It goverened Ultimate Combat and also stamped its approval on equipment, etc. On the downside, it was run by the promoters of UC...

Of course the name BAMMA was then stolen by unscrupulous types as a name for their unique event, which they stole the idea from the BFC...

Quote Originally Posted by ReD_mIst View Post
    No, the original BAMMA was a governing body of sorts. It goverened Ultimate Combat and also stamped its approval on equipment, etc. On the downside, it was run by the promoters of UC...

Of course the name BAMMA was then stolen by unscrupulous types as a name for their unique event, which they stole the idea from the BFC...
    I wasnt to sure of the in's and out's but I thought BAMMA appeared very quickly, to quick to have gone through all the required red tape to be an acceptable (to local authorities) governing body.

Pro Fighter

You are getting confused with the BAMMA's.

1. BAMMA 1 (circa 2002-2005) - this was a governing body of sorts, set up by Dale Adams, who was the promoter of Ultimate Combat and also owns MMA Universe. The only shows it governed was UC and alos the Open Combat Trials. It's also approved some gear.. mainly the Rogue stuff, which was again Dale Adams. So although it was a step in the right direction, the only people it governed was Dale's promotions and goods.

2. BAMMA 2 (2009) - This BAMMA was the name of a promotion that was essential stolen from the BFC idea. Not sure why they took the name BAMMA, but a few of the more knowledgable people wondered if it was connected to the original BAMMA and Dale Adams. I don't believe it is/was

If the second BAMMA had an ounce of originality, they would of called it something else... BFC for example... hold on, that was already taken too.