Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Interested Parties

Default Interested Parties

On a serious note, without threads on who likes Boobies and ring or cage. If you are serious and keen to develop and be a part of the Governing body/Afilliation for UK MMA can you please add your name below or say that you are interested.

Please only comment if you would like to be a part of this, it has to start somewhere. From the list we can discuss plans openly- meet as a community and discuss openly how this could and can operate.

I think what ever is spoken about should be minuted and shared for all to have their say, this will be for UK MMA, by UK MMA.

I am in.
    "No one deserves to be unbeaten" Dan Hardy post Cage Warriors Strike force 1 2005
    "I wanna be in fights that make history" Paul Daley post UFC 108 2010
    MMA Connect

Default finally

Quote Originally Posted by David Swann View Post
    On a serious note, without threads on who likes Boobies and ring or cage. If you are serious and keen to develop and be a part of the Governing body/Afilliation for UK MMA can you please add your name below or say that you are interested.

Please only comment if you would like to be a part of this, it has to start somewhere. From the list we can discuss plans openly- meet as a community and discuss openly how this could and can operate.

I think what ever is spoken about should be minuted and shared for all to have their say, this will be for UK MMA, by UK MMA.

I am in.

definately count me in, lets get this moving in the right direction finally. i look forward to getting together with everyone who thinks the same.

Matt
    knuckleup

I'm not a promoter but whatever i can do to help this move forward i will. I'm in!

Although i think the governing body should be separate from promoters and high profile individuals, i know CW/WP will be in there to help !

would love to help in any way

To get the ball rolling i think that there needs to be a figurehead, someone who is well respected within the UK MMA scene that is also a nuteral party. Someone who has strong links with all the big players. We need to elect someone that all the promoters will listen too and agree to sign up to the governing body.

Someone like Ian Freeman or Gary Turner. Or both?

That person could travel the length and breath of the UK and get all the promoters to sign up.

I'm in. As I said in a previous post getting people/organisations with various personal/political agendas to work together is what I do. Glad to help in anyway.
    Styles Change - Style Doesn't

Twitter @mwsfc

There is no need to travel the country Ricky. We need to establish the interested parties first, then devise the structure for the body, our legislation, terms & conditions and then we can ask for promoters to sign up. (plus lots more)
    "No one deserves to be unbeaten" Dan Hardy post Cage Warriors Strike force 1 2005
    "I wanna be in fights that make history" Paul Daley post UFC 108 2010
    MMA Connect

Trouble with bringing in a "big name" from the sport to head the commission is the baggage they have. As anyone who has been in the sport for longer than 5 minutes will have haters and would of probably upset someone or has links to an individual or organisation which could be questioned. e.g. i would have questions about Gary Turner heading the commission cos of his previous links with Cage Rage / ProElite and if he is still maanged / represented by a sports agent or agency .
    (No offence Gary, i'm just being honest)

I think people could certain act as advisor or be proactive in selling the sport to the media. But i think to head an organisation you really have to be impartial and beyond reproach.

Also someone is gonna have to go down Harvey Nicks and meet up with the UFC. As a commission is pointless without the support of the UFC UK office and also Marc Ratner who is probably the most valuable friend supporters of MMA regulation have.
    Last edited by iandean; 23-07-2009 at 10:36 PM.