Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Interested Parties

We are in too. We are not promoters but we are a rapidly expanding gym with a growing portfolio of fighters and students and anything we can do to help, just let us know.

boxingbrit

I think its a great idea and if i can help as a retired fighter i would be happy to.

Just a few thoughts from me.

As a first step it might be an idea to clarify:
    1) What the objectives of the group are (obviously, as stated by just about everyone on here!)
    2) Who the stakeholders will be, i.e everyone who will be impacted on by the group e.g fans, fighters, promotors, venues, councils, non-mma governing bodies etc etc
    3) What resources and capabilities there are among those who have expressed an interest in helping.

Doing 2 and 3 first might be easier, at least then you know who you are going to be dealing with/have to consider, and who is available to plan & execute the group strategy and objectives and who can provide support in terms of time, expereince, logistics etc.
    This will provide a clearer picture of the groups ability to fulfil whatever objectives it decides on, what gaps exist, what external/additional support will be needed etc etc. It wont be perfect, and it wont be what you end up with but it will be the first clear step in shaping the desire, willingness and expereince on offer into something tangible.
    Then its just the simple matter of the group objectives to sort out ;-)

One thing I can guarantee is the longer it takes to make the first step, the less people will make it. If someone is prepared to step up and say they will act as the figure head for now, we should PM them our list of suggested stakeholders, individual skills (not full CVs, but bullet point proven skills and expereince and/or time/type of support commitments on say a weekly basis)
    Then in a short period of time you have a figurehead for the group, a list of who its "customers" (for want of a better expression) will be, and the skills and time available to meet what ever objectives are agreed on.
    On the objectives front, priortising stakeholders in order of importance, then the most important needs/goals to achieve with the most important stakeholders will give you an idea of what to focus on intially. bite sized chunks and all that. Getting some early wins, however small, will create a sense of momentum.

It might sound really basic, but I've watched great ideas die in business because of people getting caught up in "lottery dreamer syndrome" - argueing about what colour the Aston Martin is going to be before buying a ticket.
    Styles Change - Style Doesn't

Twitter @mwsfc

Quote Originally Posted by Plasticpaddy View Post
    Just a few thoughts from me.

As a first step it might be an idea to clarify:
    1) What the objectives of the group are (obviously, as stated by just about everyone on here!)
    2) Who the stakeholders will be, i.e everyone who will be impacted on by the group e.g fans, fighters, promotors, venues, councils, non-mma governing bodies etc etc
    3) What resources and capabilities there are among those who have expressed an interest in helping.

Doing 2 and 3 first might be easier, at least then you know who you are going to be dealing with/have to consider, and who is available to plan & execute the group strategy and objectives and who can provide support in terms of time, expereince, logistics etc.
    This will provide a clearer picture of the groups ability to fulfil whatever objectives it decides on, what gaps exist, what external/additional support will be needed etc etc. It wont be perfect, and it wont be what you end up with but it will be the first clear step in shaping the desire, willingness and expereince on offer into something tangible.
    Then its just the simple matter of the group objectives to sort out ;-)

One thing I can guarantee is the longer it takes to make the first step, the less people will make it. If someone is prepared to step up and say they will act as the figure head for now, we should PM them our list of suggested stakeholders, individual skills (not full CVs, but bullet point proven skills and expereince and/or time/type of support commitments on say a weekly basis)
    Then in a short period of time you have a figurehead for the group, a list of who its "customers" (for want of a better expression) will be, and the skills and time available to meet what ever objectives are agreed on.
    On the objectives front, priortising stakeholders in order of importance, then the most important needs/goals to achieve with the most important stakeholders will give you an idea of what to focus on intially. bite sized chunks and all that. Getting some early wins, however small, will create a sense of momentum.

It might sound really basic, but I've watched great ideas die in business because of people getting caught up in "lottery dreamer syndrome" - argueing about what colour the Aston Martin is going to be before buying a ticket.
    Good sound advice.

any updates or a progress report?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Rich Austin

I'll do what I can to help.

I would think referees would be the best people to be responsible for the governing body with additional fighters/fans helping them.
    This way alongside the governing body they can have loads of ref courses and training as part of it. open ended, but refs hold alot of responsibility so feel theyd be the best suitable people.

mma is just a game based on a duel where we play with our arguments of physical expressions to the point where we stop when its time to..... We dont play for keeps. The moutain of a mole of it is purely for marketing purposes,lol

www.samiberik.com

i think the best initial move would be with the referees, ie. agreeing on a standard set of rules / regulations and insist upon the promotion using them. Because without standardisation of rules i think any governing body would ultimately fail, a promoter has to feel some sort of benefit to joining any organisation otherwise what would be the point, if they couldnt get a referee without it then that might 'persude' them to use the governing body.

oh and change the descriptions:

junior: 3 x 3 minute rounds, no head shots (currently amateur and strictly for juniors)

Amateur: 3 x 4 minute rounds, head shot standing (currently semi pro)

Pro: 3 x 5 minute rounds, Full rules (currently differs between shows (elbows / knees mainly)

i myself as a referee would welcome any sort of move in this direction, and a governing body should not be run by a profit making promotion.
    A respected, high profile referee such as marc goddard would be best suited to govern it and his wages would come from the contributions of the promotions.

trev
    BJJ Brown Belt
    MMA Referee

Would be willing to help out in anyway possible with this 1 !

Count Angrrr Management in, it is about time there was a Governing body to address issues that as promoters/fighters/managers etc need looking at & regulating.

Chris.
    For all of your Cage Hire requirements P:M me, I also have a fully loaded lighting rig, warm-up mats available too.
    www.grrr.tv or www.angrrrmanagement.com

Pro Fighter
    self-appointed boss of the forum

Quote Originally Posted by trev01 View Post
    i think the best initial move would be with the referees, ie. agreeing on a standard set of rules / regulations and insist upon the promotion using them. Because without standardisation of rules i think any governing body would ultimately fail, a promoter has to feel some sort of benefit to joining any organisation otherwise what would be the point, if they couldnt get a referee without it then that might 'persude' them to use the governing body.

oh and change the descriptions:

junior: 3 x 3 minute rounds, no head shots (currently amateur and strictly for juniors)

Amateur: 3 x 4 minute rounds, head shot standing (currently semi pro)

Pro: 3 x 5 minute rounds, Full rules (currently differs between shows (elbows / knees mainly)

i myself as a referee would welcome any sort of move in this direction, and a governing body should not be run by a profit making promotion.
    A respected, high profile referee such as marc goddard would be best suited to govern it and his wages would come from the contributions of the promotions.

trev
    I WOULDNT support those rules. Junior and Pro I am fine with. Amateur should be the same as pro, with sparring gloves. i.e. there should still be GnP. I wouldn't object to the removal of twisting leg locks and spine locks, but not overly fussed. AM should be as close to Pro as possible...