Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Interested Parties

Hello... I would be willing to help... could do any video work or promotion through the Fight Factory website.

I agree that a unified set of rules needs to be discussed. This needs discussion between fighters, promoters, referees... and probably other parties. (Maybe a new post to try and get a discussion going on unified rules?)
    www.chimpmedia.co.uk - Mixed Martial Arts Filming & Website Design

Angrrr Management are IN, we will asist in anyway we can in a bid to promote the development og a governing body/council etc. I see this as a long term commitment from all interested parties, I also think short term it will be and or take up a lot of time & effort but long term will benefit the often misunderstood sport that is MMA.
    Chris.
    Last edited by payner; 21-12-2009 at 10:46 PM.
    For all of your Cage Hire requirements P:M me, I also have a fully loaded lighting rig, warm-up mats available too.
    www.grrr.tv or www.angrrrmanagement.com

cancoolers

Quote Originally Posted by Knuckleup View Post
    definately count me in, lets get this moving in the right direction finally. i look forward to getting together with everyone who thinks the same.

Matt
    knuckleup

Very well put together post, something different I suppose, who would have ever thought about cow tipping?

Hi all, a govening body "sounds" great for UK MMA, however what would you want from a govening body? If we could maybe get some ideas going on what we want and expect then maybe we could actually start. I'd love to be part of something like this. I think a person to head such an oganisation should be well informed on MMA however shouldn't really be involved as such. I can offer legal advice on issuses as my other is a barrister and would also love to help in any way possible and therefore would be willing to reserch any stumbling blocks that may arises.

From a medical point of veiw, we would be interested. We are State Registered paramedics and already provide event cover at MMA Events including pre-fight medicals etc.

regards

David

I would be very interested.. sounds like a plan ;-)

As the owner of a promotion that is only in its infancy, I have found it very difficult to find an association that has set rules, guidelines and definitive guidelines as to what's classed as amateur and professional as well as rules etc..

I personally believe that a national association would be better for the sport and the fighters safety as well as giving stronger credibility.

As the sport is still quite new, especially when compared to other individual forms of martial arts; there are any obvious grey areas but I think that if the sport is to be taken seriously then an association which is recognized, formalized and has the backing of the UK promotions is the way forward.

If you need any support in this, I would be more than happy to assist in any way that I can.

Chris
    Spirit MMA