Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Reply from uksport.gov.uk

On the disabled issue my fighters went to a grappling comp in Wiltshire and one of the best gusy there had no hands.. he was awesome!

ON the GB side it might be a way forward to regionalise first, NE/NW/ML/SE/SW/Lon, as there seem to be well established promoters in each area, and then for each of those areas to work on a framework to create the GB..?

Quote Originally Posted by TheInsuranceMan View Post
    This I can provide. I've just written the first dedicated MMA gym policy in the UK this week. I have an insurer (well, 99% of the way there) willing to write a scheme for me to insure all MMA gyms correctly, rather than under single discipline policies which will rarely, if ever, pay out for an MMA related incident. It's taken me three years to get to this point, so I am confident it will get the go-ahead.

Once I have the 100% ok from the insurer to start the scheme officially, then I'll be in touch with moderators on this, and a few more MMA sites to make my details available.

In the meantime, if anyone is looking for a commercial policy for an MMA training centre, please feel free to PM me.

Thanks.
    You can get a Mixed Martial Arts insurance policy for gyms, clubs and members already. Which covers injury and accidents while training in MMA and no its not just a single discipline policy which has all the arts listed individually.

On the note of getting a governing body off the ground not only along the lines of having all the directors and polices in place as listed previously but you would have to get a group of 10-20 people who would want to work on this and then have everyone VOTE for the positions available within the org. Even then after YOU have done all the leg work id give it 6 months before you hack someone off and they leave and form their own system skipping all the mistakes you have made along the way and be formed in half the time leaving you in the dark.

Unless you have a dedicated team who can meet from all four corners of the UK (and more) AND be prepared to work on this for no money or financial gain then its going to be a good few years before anything comes to light sadly
    Last edited by d0ugbug; 04-02-2010 at 08:40 AM.

boxingbrit

Quote Originally Posted by d0ugbug View Post
    You can get a Mixed Martial Arts insurance policy for gyms, clubs and members already. Which covers injury and accidents while training in MMA and no its not just a single discipline policy which has all the arts listed individually.
    Who does this policy? Cheers

TL Risk Solutions

boxingbrit

You got any contact details for them?

http://www.tlrisksolutions.co.uk/

0845 671 8007

You want to ask them about Martial Guard tell them what you do etc. Mine covers me for Kickboxing and MMA (as I used to run a MMA class at another venue aside from kickboxing)

I pay something like 700 p.a it covers me for my 300 students and I have a personal instructor liability as well as public with them. I take out additional tournament cover with them when I need it which goes from 24-40 depending on how much cover you want 1-3-5 or 10mil I think it goes

You can take out extra cover for your Pro Fighters but I tend to do that trough Kuma works out 17 per month.

I got 10 of my more active students covered for worldwide travel and accident for competing outside of the UK. I can also tie in other clubs and instructors on my policy if needed or if one of mine wanted to open up under me etc

Hope that helps

boxingbrit

Sounds good. i will give them a call

If you send them the rules you use in advance as well they may do cover for shows! All depends on the rules you use though, at least thats what I got told when I spoke to them some time ago

Resident Hippy Mod CraigSt.Clair's Avatar

I can probably help with things like a constitution and getting the group to a point where they can get funding, I work for a charity doing that sort of thing
    http://www.facebook.com/craig.st.clair666 ME

"That was how i got my first soapy titwank!
    Listening is cool and shit." BlackdogMMA