Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Those Against

Hybrid View

Default Those Against

Voice your opposition and your reasoning.

The original MAC ( Martial Arts Commission ) worked very well when covering for most of the martial arts. In the 70s most of the m/a wanted their own independant governing body. The Karate Governing body was a disaster. The British Aikido Board are gullty of knowingly promoting a man with fraudulent credentials to prominence within its group. I spoke with a senior member for martial arts of Sport Englang, who stated that we were far better off with the one governing body, and that SE were thinking of reverting back to that system. You have no idea of the amount of bereaucracy that will dominate this sport. There are more martial arts organisations outside of their own respective govering body than there is in it. I left my own respective governing body some 10 years ago, it is the best decision I have made.

I'm not against it but I think some people don't realise how it will affect the MMA shows. Promoters in particular will find them a pain in the arse, as they will have to pain a commission fee just to be told how to run their show properly. There won't be any video weigh-ins or any other gentleman agreements

However, it will legitamise the sport and will be good for the fighters. This, in turn, will be good for promoters but maybe not in the short term
    www.vtjiujitsu.co.uk - Part of the Bristol Alliance

Wiltshire's Strongest Person 2008

House of Pain Bantamweight British Champion

Rally driver extraordinaire!

boxingbrit

Yeah, fighting in America you see just how the commision affects things like this

As I have stated on another thread, I have made a 180 degree switch from the for to the against. Echoing a lot of what Leigh has stated, & with respect he has had experience working with a commission in relation to MMA, they will be a pain in the ass for both promoters & fighters, for what they cost, they don't bring that much value back to the table. Yes there involvement will clean the sport up "if it needs it"? But would probably cripple it also @ the same. We have coped & got through this far without them, we still have a healthy operating & safety standard & record. Why do we need them?
    Last edited by cagewarriors; 11-09-2009 at 10:16 PM.

I was once a founder member of an organisation that became a part of the Sport England governings bodies. BIG MISTAKE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You have no idea what you are letting yourself in for........

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
    I was once a founder member of an organisation that became a part of the Sport England governings bodies. BIG MISTAKE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You have no idea what you are letting yourself in for........
    Any chance you can expand on that a bit? Tell us why it was a mistake and give us an idea of what we are in for. The more info we have available the better.

Stumac
    Once you become a part of the governing bodies system, you will have to come under whatever rules and regulations that they will heap upon you. Trainers, no matter their experience will have to attend and pass extensive coaching courses. Each governing body will have a chairman and a vice chairman and a host of executives, very often each with their own agenda.
    Each and every member will be required to have personal insurance ( one of the few things I agree with ) I assure you that once you become involved you will open up this sport to so many unwanted controls and regulations.

As I said, I'm not against it but I think people need to stop blaming problems on the lack of a governing body, especially when they have no clue of how it will affect the sport
    www.vtjiujitsu.co.uk - Part of the Bristol Alliance

Wiltshire's Strongest Person 2008

House of Pain Bantamweight British Champion

Rally driver extraordinaire!