Thread: Ear protection alternatives in Competition?

Default Ear protection alternatives in Competition?

As earguards are not allowed in competitions, are there any alternatives to protecting/taping up the ears legally?

I have (quite large) stretched lobes big enough for somebody to fit two or three fingers through so I normally wear the Adidas Adistrike in training. I'm still new to BJJ and have only been training a couple of months so far but competitions are something I want to aim towards in the future. A suggestion given to me is taping up the ears using sports tape? Is that legal?

Cheers

It's not really an option to reverse/shrink my ears as I consider it a long-term modification to my body.

Guys with caulis tend to bandage their whole head up, which is legal as far as I'm aware, although the specifics escape me. Basically, bandage and tape is fine, but hard ear guards are a no-no.

...or so I understand it. @_@

Take care,

Stalks

if you completely cover each of your ears in a huge piece of blue-tac, that should work - your opponent may complain about the stickiness though, so make sure you rub some olive oil over the blue-tac after you've fitted it onto your ears.
    PROFESSIONAL MMA SHIT.
    LIKES FREE STUFF.
    GIVE ME MONEY.

Thanks Stalk.

Should I be looking at zinc oxide tape?
    Or, are there other tapes that are better suited for the head area?