"Fedor is a f---ing joke," UFC President Dana White responded Monday after learning that Emelianenko had signed with Strikeforce. “He turns down a huge deal and the opportunity to face the best in the world to fight nobodies for no money!"

White also addressed fans: "I feel sorry for the real fight fans. I wanted to make the deal, but it takes two and it is very obvious Fedor doesn't want to fight the best, and doesn't give a sh-t about the fans!"

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/upd...responds-18883

I think Dana is missing the point. He seems to think that fighters biggest motivating factor is money. For the most part, I would agree with him... We all got bills to pay, and we all know that Kimbo "needs his cheese"... "or bread"... whatever.

I honestly believe that people who are the greatest at what they do, would do it for free if they had to - and probably started off doing it for free. Its something more than money.

Fedor, in my opinion is the greatest pound for pound fighter in the world. GSP and Silva are HUGELY talented fighters but have both been beaten. I don't consider a "loss" to TK, (which should have been a N/C) being a "loss".

What I am saying here is that Fedor doesn't focus on the money. He focus's on the fight and "being a fighter" . Doing what he loves to do and money is purely a by-product of that. I think his honour is more important to him than the money.

Regarding fighting the best in the world: He has beaten Nog, AA, Sylvia, HH etc... Josh Barnett was aligitimate threat to him but I think he would make a mess of Randy, Mir, Kongo, Cain so no reason to look there. Could he handle strong, athletic, explosive wrestlers like Lesnar and Carwin? I am betting he would find a way.....

Fedor will move more and more away from MMA in the next few years and retire undefeated - mark my words.

Am I the only one who thinks like this?