Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Dana missing the point?

Resident Hippy Mod CraigSt.Clair's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Valour5 View Post
    Overeem?
    Yes
    Rogers?
    Not a chance.
    You speaketh the truth!!!!! Seriously Dana has a point, talent pool is deeper in UFC and therefore he/M1 is protecting his legacy,nothing wrong with that mind if he is happy doing it.

Just a bit of a shame really, life goes on and Brock remains champion for ever more
    http://www.facebook.com/craig.st.clair666 ME

"That was how i got my first soapy titwank!
    Listening is cool and shit." BlackdogMMA

Quote Originally Posted by ferret View Post
    Disagree about Werdum he had his chance and didn't exactly set the UFC alight. As for the other 2 I think they will be UFC bound in the near future anyway which Fedor must realise. I know Dana can be a stubborn mule sometimes but I don't know why people still don't understand the fact that M1 global are trying to become business partners in the UFC just because they have 1 fighter, as dana says "they may do business like that in Russia!"
    Dont know so much about Werdum, 2 time Bjj world champ!

I totally agree with Dana White on the whole Co-Promotion thing.

But what pisses a lot of people off, is the way he starts throwing insults about at maybe the best pound for pound mma fighter the world has seen. What has Fedor got to prove?

Dana white is a Douchebag, but undoubtedly a great business man!

Quote Originally Posted by kickin.ass.ninja.buddy View Post
    Dont know so much about Werdum, 2 time Bjj world champ!

I totally agree with Dana White on the whole Co-Promotion thing.

But what pisses a lot of people off, is the way he starts throwing insults about at maybe the best pound for pound mma fighter the world has seen. What has Fedor got to prove?

Dana white is a Douchebag, but undoubtedly a great business man!
    Are we talking about the same Werdum? Yes exactly how you put it Werdum 2 x BJJ world champ not MMA! He has been in there with big names but been beaten by names who aren't top 5 or people on the way out Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira (as someone put it) so how does this put him up there with the top fighters.

Quote Originally Posted by ferret View Post
    Are we talking about the same Werdum? Yes exactly how you put it Werdum 2 x BJJ world champ not MMA! He has been in there with big names but been beaten by names who aren't top 5 or people on the way out Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira (as someone put it) so how does this put him up there with the top fighters.
    He has some big wins also mate!

Against the likes of Overeem and beaten Gonzaga twice also.

Its only an opinion mate, I personally think the Heavyweight division is currently the poorest weight division in mma.

Quote Originally Posted by kickin.ass.ninja.buddy View Post

Its only an opinion mate, I personally think the Heavyweight division is currently the poorest weight division in mma.
    Agreed! and I think thats why there are many so called upsets

I'm a new fan to mma and I'm bored of Fedor already, it looks to me like he doesn't fancy fighting in the ufc and getting beat by a wwe wrestler. I may be wrong and if he would have just signed I would have loved him to beat brock who I think is a prick but now as i said I'm just bored of it. Without doubt the ufc is the place to be now and if he doesn't want to compete there then he taints his legacy big time

I kind of covered some of these points in my own opinion in a previous thread. I dont think Fedor's fought any serious cometition in 5 years, takeing out ufc has beens lke tim and AA doesnt say much, neither does lindland or hong man choi.
    Dana's point was that the level of competition in the UFC is far higher than strikeforce, who gives a shitabout a fight between fedor and werdum ect.....if Fedor wanted to test himself, he knew what he had to do, I dont think dana missed any point at all.
    STUART WELLS 2-2-0

Dana is bang on why should the top organisation in mma have co promote with M1 to get Fedor. M1 arent in the position to demand anything by playing hardball with Dana theyre damaging Fedors career in strike force the only match ups are Buentello Overeem and Rodgers which arent the greatest matches, in the UFC Fedor has Brock,Couture, Mir, Nog, Kongo, Carwin, Velasquez, Cro cop and Junior Dos Santos who beat Werdum.
    3-5-1

p4p best and best heavy in the World are titles Fedor isnt concerned with. He does not consider himself the best in the world

he will do the deal that sorts out his management and long term friends over anything else...

As far as all this goes it just seems that UFC want/need Fedor a lot more than Fedor wants/needs them other wise Dana "Master of Profits" White wouldnt be spittin his dummy out about the whole thing.

Fedor just seems like he wants to get on doing what he's doing whilst also helping promote MMA in his home country regardless of how much money he's getting per fight.

Admittedly we might see some more exciting fights and put to sleep a lot of these big arguments over worlds best if he crossed into the UFC but as has been said before, he doesnt have anything to prove really so I dont see why he should bow down to what UFC offer, even though it might seem a bit of a fair offer on their part.