Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Dana missing the point?

Quote Originally Posted by kickin.ass.ninja.buddy View Post
    Ha Ha Ha

Listen to this fool, are you kidding that your history in mma is videos dating back to 2000? (and every wrestlemania going back even further)

lol, amazing!

Back to reality, lol, if possible, as an earlier poster rightly said, fighters should be coming after fedor, not the opposite.
    I was trying out for the Lions Den before you even heard about MMA.

Ask Droc - I'm pretty sure he remembers.

Jog on retard!

Quote of the day -

"Strangers have the best sweeties" - Lewis Barrow

nice thread

Personally id like to see fedor v overeem and junior, i think he would smash though werdum and submit rodgers just now. Would have been cool if he had went to the ufc but its probably never going to happen

Great post Steve, nice little article there dude!

And chill out with the Jog on Retard shite, Danny Dyer wannabe fool!

Quote Originally Posted by Ben_Hutch View Post
    Dana isn't missing the point because he said Fedor doesn't want to fight the best in the world, and the level of competition in the UFC is higher than that in Strikeforce.

Money isn't the only factor for a fighter, the other main factor is fighting the best, and by going to Strikeforce Fedor is showing he doesn't want to fight the best.

Then again this is all assuming that Fedor actually chose Strikeforce over the UFC, which is very unlikely.
    Well if UFC HW's want to fight the best, they should be chasing fedor, not the other way around; according to Dana's logic. Fedor doesnt claim to be p4p no 1 etc, he has never ranked himself. Im sure he will have his reasons for his decisions and whats happened has happened. It in no way diminishes his accomplishments and what other fighters (e.g GSP and co) and fans think of his fighting abilities.

2 Sexy Co-Founder
    Has Grit, lots of it

WinstonChurchill, are you that welsh lad who tried out for the Lions Den a few years ago, or someone else?

Either way, no matter how long you have been involved in the sport that doesn't change the fact that Fedor is the consensus number 1 and the UFC should be going after him, not the other way round, if they want to continue to realistically claim that the UFC has all of the best fighters in the world.

Now, if they're not willing to sing a non-exclusive contract, and Fedor's not willing to sign an exclusive one, well that's just a shame. Especially for the fans. But it doesn't mean that Fedor does not want to fight the best, especially since the HW division in the UFC is still quite weak right now (besides Brock).

To say that Fedor should just accept the UFC's contract is just as ridiculous as saying that Brock should intentionally lose his belt in order to get out of his UFC contract so that he can fight Fedor in Strike Force.

Everything is not black and white in this thing, it rarely is in MMA.

DROC
    "You've got a lot of opinions for someone who's not on there!"
    Michael Bisping
    "Showed a lot of grit" - Ian Butlin

I AM AFFILIATED TO MMAES

Quote Originally Posted by kickin.ass.ninja.buddy View Post
    Great post Steve, nice little article there dude!

And chill out with the Jog on Retard shite, Danny Dyer wannabe fool!

You tell me not to insult people and then you insult me?

Quote Originally Posted by droc View Post
    WinstonChurchill, are you that welsh lad who tried out for the Lions Den a few years ago, or someone else?

Either way, no matter how long you have been involved in the sport that doesn't change the fact that Fedor is the consensus number 1 and the UFC should be going after him, not the other way round, if they want to continue to realistically claim that the UFC has all of the best fighters in the world.

Now, if they're not willing to sing a non-exclusive contract, and Fedor's not willing to sign an exclusive one, well that's just a shame. Especially for the fans. But it doesn't mean that Fedor does not want to fight the best, especially since the HW division in the UFC is still quite weak right now (besides Brock).

To say that Fedor should just accept the UFC's contract is just as ridiculous as saying that Brock should intentionally lose his belt in order to get out of his UFC contract so that he can fight Fedor in Strike Force.

DROC
    That's me!

Dont be scared Homie Plastikman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MrWinstonChurchill View Post
    Fuck off tard.

I have a history on MMA.TV going back to 2000.

Just except you know fuck all about the sport and fuck off!
    Wow. How old are you? I ask because you appear to have the emotional maturity of a 5 year old.
    "I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - Hunter S. Thompson

The most hated Gaijin of all

Quote Originally Posted by droc View Post

DROC

I think the UFC have went after Fedor as much as they possibly can, obviously I am taking Dana's word for it. But if it really hinged on the co-promotion aspect, then anyone with a bit of business accumen can see that this will never be agreed to by the UFC.

I actually think it is pretty arrogant and cheeky of Fedor's handlers/promoters or whoever is in charge, to ask for such an agreement.