Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Is Dana missing the point?

Resident Hippy Mod CraigSt.Clair's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spartan4621 View Post
    there's some serious Fedor nuthuggers on here.
    So true.

What was th epoint that Dana had missed? I've forgotten now
    http://www.facebook.com/craig.st.clair666 ME

"That was how i got my first soapy titwank!
    Listening is cool and shit." BlackdogMMA

2 Sexy Co-Founder
    Has Grit, lots of it

Quote Originally Posted by OLDBOY View Post
    I'm not at all arguing Fedors status, even though I had felt he'd had an easy run of opponents of late, he was ready to fight the only person I (and most folk) feel had the best chance of beating him, so he can't really be accused of ducking that fight. And Barnett is still ranked as the number 2, so accepting this fight was and is the only real chance of him getting a loss.

The argument I was trying to make is that sheer size doesn't mean an immediate ability to overpower an opponent, you need the skills to run alongside it.
    I know what you're arguing, but you're again (intentionally or not) missing the original posters extremely clear point.

You're choosing to interpret the word "overpower" to mean manipulate or get the upper hand whether through technique. The original point made was that Brock uses POWER to overPOWER his opponents whereas Fedor uses superior technique.

CraigSt.Clair,

The point that Dana missed is that Fedor is number 1, he doesn't have to go anywhere to find opponents, opponents come to him.

DROC
    "You've got a lot of opinions for someone who's not on there!"
    Michael Bisping
    "Showed a lot of grit" - Ian Butlin

I AM AFFILIATED TO MMAES

Well since Dana clearly has the MMA fans at heart and wanted to do this for the MMA fans and not for the massive earning potential of the fight im sure he will release Brock to fight Fedor in Strikeofrce

Resident Hippy Mod CraigSt.Clair's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by droc View Post
    I know what you're arguing, but you're again (intentionally or not) missing the original posters extremely clear point.

You're choosing to interpret the word "overpower" to mean manipulate or get the upper hand whether through technique. The original point made was that Brock uses POWER to overPOWER his opponents whereas Fedor uses superior technique.

CraigSt.Clair,

The point that Dana missed is that Fedor is number 1, he doesn't have to go anywhere to find opponents, opponents come to him.

DROC
    Ah right cheers mate, seemed to have been that much gone on I'd lost the plot lol.
    http://www.facebook.com/craig.st.clair666 ME

"That was how i got my first soapy titwank!
    Listening is cool and shit." BlackdogMMA