Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What would you do?

Question What would you do?

Hi i have had I.B.S for about 3 years now and im am just wondering what would you do if you had it bad right befor a fight.
    for people who dont know what it is: I.B.S is when i get stressed or nerveous i get a stomach ache what to know more just look it up or mail me.
    Amatuer Kickboxer: 3-0-0

Look at what is getting me stressed and cut what it is out.

well what i mean is i would probs get nervous befor bouts and stuff

Have you tried, meditation and relaxation exercises, I have Chrons Disease and it affects me pretty bad and cause terrible pains and also a IBS like response.

Prior to my last fight, i had small amounts of pain and discomfort which are a regular occurence, I relaxed turned all electricals off and closed my curtains pillow on face and slept for 30mins woke up and was great.

With IBS it is a reaction to something, If it is nervous energy remove it, If it is Diet remove it simple as

Quote Originally Posted by Gazza View Post
    well what i mean is i would probs get nervous befor bouts and stuff
    Same here. I get pretty nervous and think to myself what the hell am I doing here. Then the crowds start coming and theres a buzz going about iand the nerves tend to just go. It's not so bad if you fought at the show before.

yeah i guess il try alex's idea thanks

The shits might help you cut weight!
    My website now has a new domain, check it out - www.modernviolentgentlemen.com

Quote Originally Posted by KidKimura View Post
    The shits might help you cut weight!

no it dosnt but i guess alot of guys on here wouldnt understand unless they had it

Makes cutting weight more difficult, IBS can cause different reactions including constipation which would cause more weight to be cut by other means. It can stop your body absorbing nutrients from solids so post weigh-ins may not go to plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Gazza View Post
    no it dosnt but i guess alot of guys on here wouldnt understand unless they had it
    My missus brother and sister all have it, I know it can be a right c**t.

If yours is triggered by stress I guess its harder to control than diet related, but making sure your diet is clean is obviously always good, which I guess you'd be doing anyway if you're training for a fight.

Doctors tend to be quite good at treating the IBS but terrible at treating the stress. It might help to look for some good books on relaxation techniques.
    My website now has a new domain, check it out - www.modernviolentgentlemen.com