Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ufc on ESPN = to many adverts

Default ufc on ESPN = to many adverts

did this take the piss or was it just me? , every single round the adds kicked in

the only time it didnt was in the b j penn 4th round and there after

think we should all bombard ESPN uk website with emails saying how annoying it was

only email address for customer support i can find is:

ms_support@espn.go.com

Agree. often cut Joe Rogan/Mike dead mid sentance to cut to a break... thank fuck i didnt watch it live.
    And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

i didn't see it, but it IS an american chanel and they are notorious for advert breaks every 5 minutes.

i hope they sort that out when they start taking on the football.
    Strategy can subsitute for talent, but talent will never subsitute for strategy.

"Sometimes hype just isn't enough" Jens Pulver

Quote Originally Posted by daspecimen View Post
    i didn't see it, but it IS an american chanel and they are notorious for advert breaks every 5 minutes.
    Cut it out. Setanta never raped the shit out of the live shows with ads.

People give Setanta so much grief, but they're still the only ones so far to do UFC the fucking service it deserved.

I downloaded the evnt this morning. Instead of being the PPV broadcast as stated it was the ESPN broadcast with the adverts removed which really broke the event up, no shots of cornermen between rounds etc. Damn annoying.

On the brightside the 720P HD american version will be available in about 6 hours.
    ''Fren let me tell you, purple must smash people. SMASH THEM...that is hequirement for purple. Purple belt dangerus man, if purple belt cannot smash he not real purple'' - CREONTE
    Follow me on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Stu View Post

People give Setanta so much grief, but they're still the only ones so far to do UFC the fucking service it deserved.
    what do you mean cut it out? have a word.

as i said initially, i haven't seen it, so i can't comment on the severity of how bad it was but i can imagine.

I'm not making excuses, which is what i assume you're comment was getting at, just stating the facts..... American TV channels are notorious for random adverts breaks at stupid times./frequencies.

i never had any issues with Setanta and it was a shame when they ceased trading.
    Strategy can subsitute for talent, but talent will never subsitute for strategy.

"Sometimes hype just isn't enough" Jens Pulver

No i'm not saying you had a problem with Setanta yourself, just lots of people did that's all.

My point was just that PPVs are always ad-free in the US, we should get the same services, especially when we're paying for the channel already. If a free channel could run ad-free the other week, i don't understand why a premium tv channel can't do the same, not fair at all really.

Quote Originally Posted by Stu View Post

To be fair the live UFN shows were appalling, mainly because its ok Spike TV (a free channel) so the UFC needs to make as much as they can with packing it with adverts as they get no PPV money.
    And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

Yeah but at least we're getting them on the same terms as the US is still, and we still have an understanding as to why we need to deal with the ads breaks.