Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Bjj street fight

Quote Originally Posted by Rob T View Post
    A guy from the club recently found his mate in town, covered in blood. When he asked what happened his mate told him he'd been punched in the face and pointed at the guy who did it (roider, what a surprise).

So the guy from the club immediately went over and floored him, took mount and started ground and pound. One of the roider's mates then ran up to boot him... he caught the guy's leg, dragged him down and armbarred him. Later saw the first guy covered in blood and the second guy with his t-shirt being used as a sling.

Nothing necessarily wrong with being in a ground fight 2 on 1. I can't see standing would be any more advantageous, depends which range you're best at fighting. People always say "Oh, his mate will put the boot in" but what is to say if you were standing up someone couldn't bottle you from behind?

I find a lot of people talk about streetfighting as if there is some best way, when the reality surely has to be that you are going to end up fighting on instinct and will get through it with a combination of skill, balls and luck.
    You could say the guy on the floor was very luck to catch the leg, the other guy and his mates could have hit him with a weapon or if there were a few of them kicked his head in, theres no way I would take a street fight to the ground unless I had no other choice.
    I use my jits to help me stand up and start to strike if it all goes pear shape I can run off + what if im wearing my brand new designer clothes?, also rolling round on the floor can get u cut glass sharp bricks etc!! sod that Id rather use my elbows and fists standing up lol, standings always worked for me in the past with my saft brawls, only once ever took a guy down for gnp ?( missed a couple of times fucked my knuckle up, and my elbow as they hit pavement not mat) , and luckly my mrs stopped his m8 from kicking me in the head while i was in mid combat lol!. If you drink in the pubs I do you get to field test this most wknds with 10 pints of beer in you lol!!!.
    ‎"He who goes to bed with itchy bum, wake up with stinky finger."

i suplexed someone onto concrete. straight up jits
    man, when you're the nail, hang in there....until the day you become the hammer

Quote Originally Posted by david5 View Post
    a short story..

on hols recently i was staying in a very nice plc where everyone was friendly and very accomidating. There was this one guy who worked there, about 19years old..we chatted and he was a nice kid and he said that he fought in Muay thai (record of 55 fights, 50 ko's - which was probabally lies) and partook in 'freefights' which he decribed as mma..i explained that i like to train also but didnt elaborate much more than that..

every night at dinner he would joke around asking me to go out to the garden with him for a fight. He did this four nights in a row and this night i thought, im gona go to the garden for a laugh..we went out, the whole place watching..thinking about now i dont know why the fcuk i did it..he took stance..i got double unders, dumped him and choked him with from the back with hooks with rnc..he squealled really badly, eveyone pissed themselves laughing and he had a sore throat for 4 days..which he complained about regualrly.

Wrestling + jitz= greatest fight in the world fren..

Quote Originally Posted by david5 View Post
    Did that finish it straight away? Sounds likely!
    http://www.ChrisReesAcademy.com - http://thetattooedchimp.blogspot.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by The Natural View Post
    a short story..

on hols recently i was staying in a very nice plc where everyone was friendly and very accomidating. There was this one guy who worked there, about 19years old..we chatted and he was a nice kid and he said that he fought in Muay thai (record of 55 fights, 50 ko's - which was probabally lies) and partook in 'freefights' which he decribed as mma..i explained that i like to train also but didnt elaborate much more than that..

every night at dinner he would joke around asking me to go out to the garden with him for a fight. He did this four nights in a row and this night i thought, im gona go to the garden for a laugh..we went out, the whole place watching..thinking about now i dont know why the fcuk i did it..he took stance..i got double unders, dumped him and choked him with from the back with hooks with rnc..he squealled really badly, eveyone pissed themselves laughing and he had a sore throat for 4 days..which he complained about regualrly.

Wrestling + jitz= greatest fight in the world fren..
    Kids these days.
    The half empty bottle makes more noise than the full one, or so the saying goes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Meerkatsu's BJJ Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Meerkatsu View Post
    Kids these days.
    The half empty bottle makes more noise than the full one, or so the saying goes.
    very true..

normally i'd never do such a thing..but enough was enough..

Quote Originally Posted by rjd View Post
    You could say the guy on the floor was very luck to catch the leg...
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob T
    ...the reality surely has to be that you are going to end up fighting on instinct and will get through it with a combination of skill, balls and luck.

Same luck that you need to not get bottled from behind while standing and fighting someone.
    http://www.ChrisReesAcademy.com - http://thetattooedchimp.blogspot.co.uk/

I love these threads. :-)
    if you think its easy stop now

no one achieved anything by doing nothing

never argue with a fool

if fighting is a pursuit rooted in pain, you will find the best teachers have often absorbed the most punishment themselves......and remained standing

http://www.twitter.com/marcgoddard_uk

Does it for us **flex** piratebrido's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Allan Shrek View Post
    I'd pull half guard.

Better safe than sorry on the streets.
    Sage advice from the most "street" man I know.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob T View Post
    Did that finish it straight away? Sounds likely!
    yep, he didn;t look clever trying to stand up while i chanted ZHOO ZHITSU ZHOO ZHITSU in his face
    man, when you're the nail, hang in there....until the day you become the hammer