Thread: question

Default question

1stly im 32, am i too old to start mma?
    2ndly im looking for a descent club in cardiff,,, seen a club called kicks,,has cage ect...anyone heard of it? is it anygood? is there better in same area?

you are never too old to start. my dad started judo when he was 45, so you still on the young side in comparison. i would say you might not make the ufc but you could still do a few amateur mma fights if you were so inclined

I started at 31 and have never been fitter or stronger (despite spending a lot of time at the gym when I was younger).

Best thing I ever did - go for it

Quote Originally Posted by ben0727945311 View Post
    i would say you might not make the ufc but you could still do a few amateur mma fights if you were so inclined
    He could do more than a few amateur fights, he could easily turn pro or; as this day and age has shown, if he's really good he could make it anywhere (Jon Jones was fighting less than 100 days when he got in the UFC)

If he gets stuck in and works hard and dedicates himself; the sky's the limit.

If he behaves like I have lately, and trains for a few months, then disappears for several weeks on a massive drink/ drugs binge....then he'll probably end up not getting very far.

....oh, christ....I need help!

www.graciebarraswansea.co.uk - we also have lessons in Cardiff (details on the site)

Dogs of War are the best MMA team around Cardiff. I'm not sure about contact details for them though.
    http://www.ChrisReesAcademy.com - http://thetattooedchimp.blogspot.co.uk/

Default thanks

thanks guys, guess im gonna have to find out contact details for dogs of war...

Go for it, couple of the best guys at my gym started late 20's. You're still in your prime.

Quote Originally Posted by DanCrase View Post
    He could do more than a few amateur fights, he could easily turn pro or; as this day and age has shown, if he's really good he could make it anywhere (Jon Jones was fighting less than 100 days when he got in the UFC)

If he gets stuck in and works hard and dedicates himself; the sky's the limit.

If he behaves like I have lately, and trains for a few months, then disappears for several weeks on a massive drink/ drugs binge....then he'll probably end up not getting very far.

....oh, christ....I need help!
    jon jones was a wrestling national champ though, but yeah age is just a number, train hard, the sky's the limit.
    "A boxer is the best predator on land. The Lion, but throw him in the shark tank and he becomes just another meal" Renzo Gracie.