Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: domestic matches you'd like to see

Default domestic matches you'd like to see

following on from the chat on another thread i was wondering exactly what match ups people would like to see between scottish fighters.

As always please keep it respectful guys :P

Dean

p.s sorry if i've killed your thread willie lol

Here's some off the top of my head: -

Chris Carmicheal Vs James Jarvie
    John Quinn vs James Mair
    Dean Reilly vs Doni Miller
    Bobby McVittie vs Jamie McKenzie
    Scott Ward vs Joe Nugent
    John Cullen vs Doni Miller

Some cracking match ups right there and any promoters dream to get them on their card..

good shout meat. like all of them and love a couple

James Mair vs Tommylaughlin
    Graham Turner vs Tommylaughlin
    John Cullen vs Tommylaughlin
    James doolan vs Tommy Laughlin
    Ken Dugay vs Tommy Laughlin
    David Galbraith vs Tommylaughlin

...ha ha ha...

Quote Originally Posted by meat View Post
    Here's some off the top of my head: -

John Quinn vs James Mair
    Dean Reilly vs Doni Miller
    Bobby McVittie vs Jamie McKenzie
    Scott Ward vs Joe Nugent
    John Cullen vs Doni Miller
    Great matchups, kinda thing I was getting at on the last thread.

Chris Carmicheal Vs Graeme Turner 2
    Charmichael or Jarvie vs Sean Wright (future)
    Willie Mcrachan Vs James Mair
    Willie Mcrachan Vs James Jarvie
    Dean Reilly Vs Doni Miller
    Dean Reilly vs Bobby McVitie 2
    John Quinn Vs Amro
    John Quinn Vs James Mair
    John Quinn Vs J Nugent 2

With John fighting Egar soon, dare say none of these matches wouild be on his mind at the moment though, just shows he is a popular fighter.

cant think of many more just now

woudn't really want to see the rematches tbh.
    if a fight is close or goes to a decision or something, then i can understand a rematch. but if a fight is over via legit stoppage in the first round, or is fairly one sided, then i don't think a rematch is in order...
    PROFESSIONAL MMA SHIT.
    LIKES FREE STUFF.
    GIVE ME MONEY.

Id agree with that, rematch if the fight was close or in some way controversial, other wise there going to pad fighters recor and make it more difficult for them to get matched due in future due to the number of fights on there record.

Definatley some good fights there however, and no one mentioned Colin Baxter. Some of ninja buddys fights wont ever happen due to weight classes though, willie mccracken fights at 73 or 70kg so a fight between him and james mair isnt going to happen. On meets lists there is some good fights also, John Cullen v Doni miller isnt a fair match up though, JC has had over 10 pro fights now and Doni has yet to fight pro. Doni is a very exciting prospect, definatley one of the best up and comers in scotland sticking him into a fight like that wouldnt be good for him or JC at ths point.If Doni keeps progressing at the rate he does then maybe in the future. I think the only fight in Scotland at this time for Doni would be Dean Rielly.

Posted this before there is some awesome domestic match ups there at 73kg with quinny, chris, james j and colin baxter.

all they matched said sound good would like to see doni miller v dean reilly though.

Quote Originally Posted by thaison View Post
    Id agree with that, rematch if the fight was close or in some way controversial, other wise there going to pad fighters recor and make it more difficult for them to get matched due in future due to the number of fights on there record.

Definatley some good fights there however, and no one mentioned Colin Baxter. Some of ninja buddys fights wont ever happen due to weight classes though, willie mccracken fights at 73 or 70kg so a fight between him and james mair isnt going to happen. On meets lists there is some good fights also, John Cullen v Doni miller isnt a fair match up though, JC has had over 10 pro fights now and Doni has yet to fight pro. Doni is a very exciting prospect, definatley one of the best up and comers in scotland sticking him into a fight like that wouldnt be good for him or JC at ths point.If Doni keeps progressing at the rate he does then maybe in the future. I think the only fight in Scotland at this time for Doni would be Dean Rielly.

Posted this before there is some awesome domestic match ups there at 73kg with quinny, chris, james j and colin baxter.
    True man

Another Good matchup that could def happen, Jarvie Vs Turner

Like you said on Mair maybe moving up to fight Love at Mw, i dont see any reason wher Jarvie or Turner could move in the opposite direction for 3kg!

Would be an awesome fight, would like to see that after Graemes 4 man tourney, and good luck with that man!