Thread: Picked up LS while grappling

Default Picked up LS while grappling

2009.08.15 - Infected with LS

After a year of rolling around on sweaty mats I stayed infection free. Washing my gi and all my gear soon as I got in and using a cap full of Dettol instead of softener in the machine and Dettol soap in the shower. Followed this with oiling my skin with coconut oil before I towel down. Worked great at keeping me bug free. But After a solid year of infection free grappling I've pick up a really strong strain of LS.

What is LS?

It mainly effects the (but not excluded) to the latissimus dorsi (Lats) to region. The doctor tells me the only cure is to stop grappling. This will lead to the LS (Lat Syndrome) reversing over a period of 3-6 months.

LS is a physical condition, while ILS (Imaginary Lat Syndrome) is a psychological one.

All jokes aside I do feel I'm morphing into a Silverback the more I grapple.

No extra lats for me Badshah, ha!
    But I do have impressively veiny forearms.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Meerkatsu's BJJ Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Meerkatsu View Post

Fren you no training horrectly if you not have LS yet

i picked up LSD on the mats at our place, but then i realised it was just because john's not mad had been training earlier...
    PROFESSIONAL MMA SHIT.
    LIKES FREE STUFF.
    GIVE ME MONEY.

Hmm you just become more of a gorrilla especially if you start doing weights or conditioning try kettle bells.I rekon you retain your strength in jitsu because you get stronger and then use that new strength in jitsu therefore you maintain it the whole time.
    Last edited by SwiftMotion; 18-08-2009 at 01:09 PM.

Ever so slightly mental illegalhunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by markjitsu View Post
    i picked up LSD on the mats at our place, but then i realised it was just because john's not mad had been training earlier...
    That fuck you found it , there are far to many Police traing at the Griphouse.
    They guy who invented Burpees , is a secret child molester

Quote Originally Posted by Meerkatsu View Post
    Yeah; me too!

My calves and forearms have always been defined as fuck, even before I started doing any training.