Thread: EVERY1 PLS READ - Your feedback needed

Default EVERY1 PLS READ - Your feedback needed

Hi everyone,

I just want to see how much interest there is at this stage. Iím planning to organise another womenís BJJ seminar but this time it will be aimed at women who have never done BJJ before.
    So this is a chance for your wives/gf's/sisters/female friends to see what all this rolling around on the floor stuff is all about!

The seminar will be taught by blue belt women and will be in London, exact date, location, price etc TBC. Pls note that the seminar will be a one-off and will be academy neutral (not associated with any particular academy)

Please have a chat with all the women you know and let me know who is potentially interested.

Thanks

Pippa Banana x

i personally think it's a bit silly (you did ask :P)
    going to a seminar is probably silly if you've never done bjj before, and why on earth would you want to organise a womens only seminar anyway?
    how about a muslim only seminar?
    or a whites only seminar?
    PROFESSIONAL MMA SHIT.
    LIKES FREE STUFF.
    GIVE ME MONEY.

I think a lot of girls are intimidated by starting any Martial Art,especially one that involves close bodily contact with men.I think its a great idea introducing the art to them in an all female environment where they can get used to the close contact of the sport with members of their own sex and hopefully decide they like the art before they inevitably come into contact with men.
    If there's anything i can do to help let me know (Both my daughters study BJJ as you know).

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Hayes View Post
    I think a lot of girls are intimidated by starting any Martial Art,especially one that involves close bodily contact with men.I think its a great idea introducing the art to them in an all female environment where they can get used to the close contact of the sport with members of their own sex and hopefully decide they like the art before they inevitably come into contact with men.
    If there's anything i can do to help let me know (Both my daughters study BJJ as you know).
    i do know that and i agree with you - however i also hate discrimination (even positive discrimination), and therefore i feel the need to argue with everyone, even though i agree with them...
    PROFESSIONAL MMA SHIT.
    LIKES FREE STUFF.
    GIVE ME MONEY.

At the risk of sounding rather patronising, I have a lot of respect for women who train in what is an almost entirely male sport.

I will admit though, I do feel uncomfortable when training with a woman. I'm not entirely sure why, but I think I'd rather roll with a 28 stone gorrilla than with an 8 stone girl.

im not fussed i still get a boner with either............. or is that just me?

I'll get my coat
    I'ts better to burn out than fade away!

I think this is why its good to have a Womans Only Seminar for beginners,otherwise some poor girl is maybe going to have to deal with this ^ in her first class.

Quote Originally Posted by markjitsu View Post
    i personally think it's a bit silly (you did ask :P)
    going to a seminar is probably silly if you've never done bjj before, and why on earth would you want to organise a womens only seminar anyway?
    how about a muslim only seminar?
    or a whites only seminar?
    when I asked for feedback I actually meant people who knew women who wanted to do the seminar but hey.

Actually my first taste of BJJ was at a Braulio Estima seminar, worked for me, I'm still training a few years later! Besides this is a beginners seminar specifically for women that have never trained BJJ before, a perfect way to try it out.

If there was an equal number of women training BJJ then no there would be no point in a women only seminar, but alot of clubs still have only one or two women training or none at all. Women who are new to the sport are put off by the high level of physical contact, and by the lack of women, this is an attempt to get more women into this sport, if you have any better ideas please do let me know!

Thanks for the support Simon!
    Last edited by Banana; 20-08-2009 at 12:26 PM.