Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: WTF is the point of MMA Amateur fights that do not include strikes to the head!?!?

Quote Originally Posted by White Tyson View Post
    You're a sad cunt mate go get a life
    I agree...

Quote Originally Posted by White Tyson View Post
    It's pathetic because strikes to the head is a part of MMA. Watering it down is fucking pathetic.
    So, by your logic, the first MMA fight that a young lad should have should involve elbows to the head on the ground as well (and stomps to the face if they happen to be an amateur in Japan)?
    LANCASTER AND MORECAMBE MMA - Home to Shay Walsh, Matty Steele and Alex 'The Marksman' Makhonin

Quote Originally Posted by kainer2 View Post
    I agree...
    Can we have a poll thread with shortlisted contenders to ban, all these useless threads and muppets need a purge imo
    Genetically Different.

Quote Originally Posted by Serotonin+ View Post
    Can we have a poll thread with shortlisted contenders to ban, all these useless threads and muppets need a purge imo
    No don't. It's entertaining reading these dumb threads

I can see how people can think no headshots is watered down MMA, but what they don't seem to realise is that it's still full contact and that a lot of stuff you do in amateur you also do at pro level (leg & body shots, grappling, subs, GNP (to body), throws, slams, full contact punches, knees and kicks). It's still very physical.

well mate at the age of 16 i didn't fancy getting takendown and my face smashed through an octagon floor, then go into school the next day, after being in hospital for stitches.
    "A boxer is the best predator on land. The Lion, but throw him in the shark tank and he becomes just another meal" Renzo Gracie.

Also there are amatuer events which allow strikes to the head on the ground, its just not put on a pro record.
    "A boxer is the best predator on land. The Lion, but throw him in the shark tank and he becomes just another meal" Renzo Gracie.

i won my first 2 amateur fights with body punches

If you don't want to be hit in the head, enter a grappling a comp. There is no difference between no head shot comps and grappling comps, except the level is way higher at most grappling comps

Everyone just ignores those lame body shots anyway and just gets on with their sub grappling

I'm sure under 18's compete in boxing and kickboxing
    www.vtjiujitsu.co.uk - Part of the Bristol Alliance

Wiltshire's Strongest Person 2008

House of Pain Bantamweight British Champion

Rally driver extraordinaire!

Banned

yeah but boxing ect. u have headguard and thicker gloves, so doesnt really hurt as much

with thin gloves + no head guard, it hurts.

WT are you a troll, truthfully?
    i mean just in a previous thread you were typing abuse to stubbsy..
    are trolls in competition wiv each otha these days?
    "My whole life is an epic journey man, I mean who else do you know that listens to Enya whilst taking a dump?"