Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: WTF is the point of MMA Amateur fights that do not include strikes to the head!?!?

Sorry Paul, I thought you were on my ignore list

- you are now
    www.vtjiujitsu.co.uk - Part of the Bristol Alliance

Wiltshire's Strongest Person 2008

House of Pain Bantamweight British Champion

Rally driver extraordinaire!

Quote Originally Posted by White Tyson View Post
    You're a sad cunt mate go get a life
    Ban....?

I did an AM MMA comp recently and found it a great expeirence, great to be able to hit somone as hard as possible, even if only to the body and legs! I know a couple of pro guys who started out with no headshots comps and said the early experience was good for getting them really for full rules.

Its like a grappling competition but you get to use some strikes as well, I don't see what people's problem with it is.

I have no problem with people competing under whatever rules they want. My only issue is that I want some of my guys to compete amateur MMA before going pro and all I can find is glorified grappling comps
    www.vtjiujitsu.co.uk - Part of the Bristol Alliance

Wiltshire's Strongest Person 2008

House of Pain Bantamweight British Champion

Rally driver extraordinaire!

i think ideal amateur rules would have strikes to the head standing but not on the ground - using the slightly larger gloves than 4oz. shin guards should be optional. a good way to prepare for such rules would be amateur/inter-club muay thai all padded up and grappling comps.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by White Tyson View Post
    You're a sad cunt mate go get a life there are trolls on this forum Im not one of them but you blind twats are too stupid to fucking see who they are.

It's pathetic because strikes to the head is a part of MMA. Watering it down is fucking pathetic. I do believe Sol Gilbert's ZT amateur events include strikes to the head as well which makes sense.

Dont want to get punched in the head? Go enter a jiujitsu tournament.
    Mate if Amateur isnt for you then skip it & just go pro from fight number one.

Amateur gives a route for many MMA fans to enjoy being part of a sport they love in a safer manner. Some of the best fights ive saw have been Amateur bouts.

They can then progress through the ranks to semi pro then eventually pro. Dont look down on the potentially hundreds of Amateur MMA fighters up & down the UK.

You cant water down climbing into a cage infront of hundreds of people & giving it your all for 3 rounds of fighting. For evey MMA fighter, there are a hundred guys out there that wish they had the Davina McCalls to go out there & do it!

Slightly Bonkers shakus maximus's Avatar

yyyyaaaawwwwnnnnnnn
    how many times has this been on the forum
    some are for it and some are against it. that is the way it is and the way it always will be

It's pathetic because strikes to the head is a part of MMA. Watering it down is fucking pathetic. I do believe Sol Gilbert's ZT amateur events include strikes to the head as well which makes sense.

Dont want to get punched in the head? Go enter a jiujitsu tournament.
    how many fights you had?????
    there are qite a few guys on here competing at no headshot events.
    why dont you match up with one of them to show every one how pathetic it is

as for watering down, look at the ufc and their poofta roster not allowing soccer kicks. its pathetic

i've been using amateur as a way to gain the balls to stay at it im sure as hell that a 15/16 year old lad would be shook up by having his face smashed through the floor of a cage i surely wouldn't have. its a way to get the exerience of the sport. you have to think that amateur fighters are the future pro fighters and more will stick at it if their not put off by having their face smashed in. it's putting people in shallow water first....
    0-3-0 f**k it one more go
    www.evolutionmma.co.uk

Moderator of Love <3

I think the it should be agreed on by the two fighters if the decision is unanimous then headshots are allowed.

White Tyson. are u categorically stating that there should be no am. mma? if you are not suggesting that, what are u trying to get at and what is YOUR alternative. and for the record, what is your name, weight and record?
    "Awww, so you lost darling - but it's the taking part that counts" My Mum... thanks for nothing Mum.

Serious question to White Tyson. Do you even do any form of Martial Arts to have a say about MMA in any form?! From what i remember your a 14 year old kid who doesnt participate in martial arts in any form so your point of view on MMA in any form is nothing more than a joke. Show us a video of you doing a MMA fight then we'll have a discussion on how the rules.