Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: WTF is the point of MMA Amateur fights that do not include strikes to the head!?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    Was that at East Coast Fight Factory Dave? Sounded like a tough fight.
    certainly was mate on both counts

i came second lol

good experience though and fair play to my opp on the night i tell ya, he really wanted it and was a seriously strong lad! I train with much bigger guys and people who are very good in certain areas so i felt prepared and relaxed....then he tooled me lol!

0-1, sub, 4mins....not the record i was after
    "Just Scrap!"

Twitter '@DWedz'

oh and ps. luke, bumped in to a guy who had faced in a grappling comp before who in a previous thread we'd discussed about clubs in your neck of the woods (something about "training in lincs" i think the thread was), the club they were out of was Fighting Fit in Norfolk, seemed like a real good club and real good fellas!
    "Just Scrap!"

Twitter '@DWedz'

Ah well, win some lose some eh. All learning experience.

Fighting Fit, yeah they train in Cromer which is on the North Norfolk coast. Don't know too much about them to be honest but Danny Cubit who was ECFN MW Champ is from there, and John Mezzetti's had a couple of good fights. Talkin' about 'silly' body shots in amateur MMA he got a KO by body shot 10 seconds in, so there you go.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave78 View Post
    0-1, sub, 4mins....not the record i was after
    The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena,
    whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly;
    who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming;
    but who does actually strive to do the deeds...who at the worst, if he fails,
    at least fails while daring greatly,
    so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.
    - Teddy Roosevelt

The result is trifling compared to the will to compete, by competing you have joined the ranks of those who know what it means to face your fears. You have gained respect in the eyes of those around you who only wish they too had the drive and determination to make their dreams a reality. Never will your reflection be a stranger to you, you have looked inward, shined a light in all the dark places of your soul, found the hiding places of those voices that whisper to you to quit, and you have cast them out. You have stood tall in front of people and said" this is who i am". you know the true value of your training, how much you can demand from body and mind, and realise the value of surrounding yourself with great training partners.

What is the outcome of a fight compared to all of this?

( what i mean to say is much respect for stepping up)

cheers blackdog
    "Just Scrap!"

Twitter '@DWedz'

when mma makes it to the olympics(hopefully) i think it would proberly be semi-pro rules(imo).and i would guess every pro would cut there cock off to go.

anyway fuck that whats the point of non alcholic beer?

its like licking out your sister,tastes the same but not right!!
    Last edited by matmccarthy; 22-02-2010 at 03:59 PM.

i havent read all the posts on this thread but no head shots is good for those who are not taking serious enough to go pro or may not want to go pro. These could be people training for fitness, self defence etc and hold a job where walking in on a monday morning battered and bruised would not look good. There are plenty of events around the country offering rules with head shots so if you prefer to get hit in the face then apply as there is always threads on the forum saying fighters wanted.
    http://www.1stplace4trophies.co.uk

1st place 4 trophies - trophies for all sporting occassions.

run by sports coaches for sport coaches

Quote Originally Posted by Antonio Santorelli View Post
    i havent read all the posts on this thread but no head shots is good for those who are not taking serious enough to go pro or may not want to go pro. These could be people training for fitness, self defence etc and hold a job where walking in on a monday morning battered and bruised would not look good. There are plenty of events around the country offering rules with head shots so if you prefer to get hit in the face then apply as there is always threads on the forum saying fighters wanted.
    Sensible post in a mostly retarded thread.

Nathan
    Head Coach at Leicester Shootfighters
    Sponsored by Caged Steel and Empire Fight Shop

Quote Originally Posted by Levo View Post
    Sensible post in a mostly retarded thread.

Nathan
    Well said!

cheers levo.
    http://www.1stplace4trophies.co.uk

1st place 4 trophies - trophies for all sporting occassions.

run by sports coaches for sport coaches