Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rant about rubbish customer service

Possibly Killed Micheal Jackson

Default Rant about rubbish customer service

I don't often rant and there is nobody at work I can rant to, so apologies.

Sunday evening my phone was cut off. I knew I had paid BT so I rang them yesterday morning to find out wtf was going on. Obviously I went through to a call centre where the man told me I had been paying onto my BT vision account not my phone account. I had asked to be sent a payment card, which I received and paid my bill on, just till my direct debit was set up, but the idiot who had taken my call had linked it to my vision account.
    The man kept insisting that all I needed to do was pay another 80 to get my line reconnected and didn't seem to get I had already paid my 80 and they should transfer it. He said he would reconnect my line, but I had to call back within 24 hours and pay 80 or they would again disconnect me!
    After over an hour of him going silent and refusing to do anything I ended the call. Went onto their online live help and the woman immediately said I needed to call BT vision in a few days and ask for a refund cheque and that no further action would be taken with my line.
    No apology though!!!

NOW today , I bought a reconditioned Dell laptop online from PC world.Arrived with no power cable, had to go buy one then get a refund. Then the speakers stopped working so off it goes 2 weeks ago back to Dell to be fixed.
    Rang up this morning, another random call centre where I get cut off 3 times and passed to 4 different departments. Gave them ALL my details to be told it has been returned to the store..........and collected by somebody else!!!

Now I presuming that this is all bollocks and the phone idiot has got her information VERY wrong but I can't actually get through to the store as it's just one pc world number and I can't get there to actually check till this evening so for all I know someone has nicked my brand new laptop and there is nothing Dell are actually prepared to do about it.

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

Sorry.

I just don't understand why people give such crap customer service these days.

Finally got through to an actual person at PC world and laptop is there and waiting. Idiot at Dell obviously got her info very wrong even though I gave her all my details.

May only buy things from wherever has no call centres. Now there is a challenge!

Captain America is my Dad mickclark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lou View Post
    Finally got through to an actual person at PC world and laptop is there and waiting. Idiot at Dell obviously got her info very wrong even though I gave her all my details.

May only buy things from wherever has no call centres. Now there is a challenge!
    May I just add that my customer service with regards to your issue was top notch!!!!!!
    Meh...........

Yes Mick ,that was much appreciated

ok, the day before I went on holiday my lady decided to transfer a good amount of money between her 2 accounts via internet (both with the same bank) basic, just moving funds. it left one account but didnt reach the other...

i contacted Halifax for 2 days , even at the airport, no one could give me an answer. it took 6 days and 15 phone calls (most from Turkey) to get the money back, and they gave her 25 as a form of 'we are sorry'. These call centers dont give a fck !! bunch of wankers !!

If you need a friend, get a dog !
    http://www.PositiveAggression.co.uk/

i'm trying to upgrade my phone through T-Mobile and they are trying to get me to pay 100 quid for it as its an early upgrade and apparently, i'm lucky to even be offered one.

never had any issues previously
    Strategy can subsitute for talent, but talent will never subsitute for strategy.

"Sometimes hype just isn't enough" Jens Pulver

However great it is being able to get things 24 hours a day, it really isn't any easier dealing with call centres these days. I never really used to care ,maybe I am just getting older. I wonder how possible it is to live your live without dealing with call centres ? Probably quite easy if you use smaller companies, which unfortunately tend to be owned by big multi-nationals anyway.

Does it for us **flex** piratebrido's Avatar

Barclaycard. Need I say more?

I am thinking of flying to the call centre and using the blood of their children to write down why I hate them all.

NTL (Virgin) I often call them up and give the shit down the phone....

If you need a friend, get a dog !
    http://www.PositiveAggression.co.uk/