Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What's the point in women doing martial arts?

Quote Originally Posted by simpy View Post
    I recon this twat was beat up by an 8 stone women and is trying to cover it up.
    lol excellent

Just thought it was time that I did a post. Good to see you using words like 'twat' as a lot of people on here are getting too americanised with their words.

cheerio

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.love View Post
    Obviously stubberzoid you do realise that a female who does self defence would better defend herself against other females because of the martial arts that she does than if se didn't.
    Keith floyd
    The type of girl fights you see on a night out are hair pulling slapping and scratching affairs. When does a girl really have to defend herself against the onslaught of another female on a night out? And how is it going to help matters slamming another 8 stone female in high heels and dress on a night out because they've looked at your boyfriend. It just isn't necesary. Lol at training to defend yourself against other girls on a night out. That's the stupidest thing i've ever heard haha.

Stubbsy, I didn't say on a night out. Just in general. Besides, if you were to put a bet on a women fighting another would you pick the one to win who has trained something such as a martial art or the one who has done nothing?

just a plain stupid post, disrespectful to the max. but lets just consider for one moment its a genuine post from a sexist.

woman work just as hard if not harder in the gym due to the barriers put in front of them by family/press/friends...the natural instinct to fight for a lot of women needs to really be pushed and I've seen some amazing improvements from girls in my gym

the UK has some talented ladies in all disciplines from Judo, MMA, Muay Thai etc etc as well as other sports such as Athletics ...

get behind them rather than against them

Stubbsy is preacher curling the correct here

Londonpride shows his gross stupidity again - FACT

Would you rather know your girlfriend or wife etc could throw a half decent punch and choke a rough slag out who for no apparent reason started a fight with her when she was somewhere without you or not?

Stubbsy, I didn't say on a night out. Just in general. Besides, if you were to put a bet on a women fighting another would you pick the one to win who has trained something such as a martial art or the one who has done nothing?
    I would never put a bet on a female fight as it's stupid.

When do women (ie adult women) really have full blown fights? It's always over blokes when it comes to blows. And it just looks stupid. You hardly ever hear about a woman receiving a severe kicking off another woman, just "sharon slapped/scratched/threw a drink over Tracey the other night" bullshit. Hardly worth training for. what's the point in training so hard that you're getting twatted (properly twatted) in the gym so you can defend against some fat slapper who hates you because you are now going out with her ex? It's ridiculous. Men are not attracted by or impressed with women gfighting and i've yet to see a decent women's fight. They are always shrieking, hair pulling scratching affairs that instantly get broken up by the males present at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Yak View Post
    just a plain stupid post, disrespectful to the max. but lets just consider for one moment its a genuine post from a sexist.

woman work just as hard if not harder in the gym due to the barriers put in front of them by family/press/friends...the natural instinct to fight for a lot of women needs to really be pushed and I've seen some amazing improvements from girls in my gym

the UK has some talented ladies in all disciplines from Judo, MMA, Muay Thai etc etc as well as other sports such as Athletics ...

get behind them rather than against them
    The only time i'm going to get behind a girl is when i'm doing her up the arse.

But seriously, it's a losing battle. As nobody knows or cares about women fighting or women playing rugby. It's just not what anybody wants to see, so why encourage it?

I got 2-1 win by scratch on tracey v sharon on betfair

Would you rather know your girlfriend or wife etc could throw a half decent punch and choke a rough slag out who for no apparent reason started a fight with her when she was somewhere without you or not?
    There is always going to be some idiot both male and female who is trouble. Training four nights a week to be ace at fighting is hardly necesary for such a rarity. If you go to a gym and train properly you WILL get hit and damaged. If you don't then you may possibly get hit by some random fat slag who is jealous of you, but chances are you wont.

I'd rather my girlfriend did something positive and useful with her time as opposed to learning to grapple and punch like a man ... it's just not attractive at all.