Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 90

Thread: What's the point in women doing martial arts?

  1. #31

    Default

    Sounds like the op is scared of gang rapists to me. Please dont bring your personal hangups to troll a forum, it doesnt work as well.

  2. #32

    Default

    female self defence / self protection training, if done properly is of very great use.
    You're partially right that simply letting a girl calmly deliver techniques on a pad or passive partner, let alone hitting mid-air wearing pyjamas is pointless.

    Women should be encouraged to train in self defence but it needs to involve adrenaline pumping, realistic situations with non-compliant (but trusted) training partners.

    Won't comment on the sport / keep fit aspects because they're not my fields, but I do train with women in a self protection context (men too) and I know for a fact it has been worthwhile.

    The end result needs to be a mindset that refuses to be a victim, a good awareness of their need to avoid dangerous situations / environments, a realistic expectation of the results of their physical tools and a rabid furiousity when they physically protect themselves.

    I'm also dissapointed by this thread. None of the usual obvious comedy elements. Pure irritating trolling.

  3. #33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stubbsy View Post
    Nobody gives a shit. Nobody cares who is the best female fighter in the world. Nobody discusses it or is impressed by it. Just like nobody really gives a shit which bloke is the best fashion model.
    i cant lie, i found that bit hilarious and laughed out loud.

  4. #34

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by i am evil homer View Post
    well im disapointed

    when i saw a new stubbsy thread i thought this was going to be a good read of what over the top anticts stubbys and his rock hard bodybuilding m8s have got up to

    im surprised you didnt offer to fight a couple of MMA chicks stubbys , take 2 on at the same time to prove your point , beat them easily with your massive bodybuilding psychic then have a 3 some with them both right there in the cage , thats more your style
    well it's interesting you bring bodybuilding up. What do you think when you see a female bodybuilder? Are you impressed? Is anyone impressed? Anyone find bulky muscled women attractive? Ofcourse not. Because it's not what women should be like. Nor are women that fight attractive to men as it's not something they should be doing. I cringe when i watch films where some female warrior type is made out to be fucking bullet and batters all the blokes. It's just, well cringeworthy and totally unrealistic.

  5. #35

    Default

    What about G.I Jane ? She was bad ass
    ''All you have to do is follow three simple rules. One, never underestimate your opponent. Expect the unexpected. Two, take it outside. Never start anything inside the bar unless it's absolutely necessary. And three, be nice''

  6. #36

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamM View Post
    female self defence / self protection training, if done properly is of very great use.
    You're partially right that simply letting a girl calmly deliver techniques on a pad or passive partner, let alone hitting mid-air wearing pyjamas is pointless.

    Women should be encouraged to train in self defence but it needs to involve adrenaline pumping, realistic situations with non-compliant (but trusted) training partners.

    Won't comment on the sport / keep fit aspects because they're not my fields, but I do train with women in a self protection context (men too) and I know for a fact it has been worthwhile.

    The end result needs to be a mindset that refuses to be a victim, a good awareness of their need to avoid dangerous situations / environments, a realistic expectation of the results of their physical tools and a rabid furiousity when they physically protect themselves.

    I'm also dissapointed by this thread. None of the usual obvious comedy elements. Pure irritating trolling.
    You can't be successful at self defense without being a good fighter. And you can't be a good fighter without having being hit, choked slammed and battered. If these are the things you set out to avoid happening to you then training to be a fighter is pretty daft.

  7. #37

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stubbsy View Post
    well it's interesting you bring bodybuilding up. What do you think when you see a female bodybuilder? Are you impressed? Is anyone impressed? Anyone find bulky muscled women attractive? Ofcourse not. Because it's not what women should be like. Nor are women that fight attractive to men as it's not something they should be doing. I cringe when i watch films where some female warrior type is made out to be fucking bullet and batters all the blokes. It's just, well cringeworthy and totally unrealistic.
    a few years ago I used to train at Ian Dowes Gym in London, Andrulla Blanchette used to train there , she was amzing and in great shape. I think she won a few olympias. I like womens Bodybuilding , I remember Pumpng Iron 2 and how Bev Francis turned and twisted the future of Womens BB competitions. I dont mind them , I used to like Tonya knight years ago

    If you need a friend, get a dog !
    http://www.PositiveAggression.co.uk/

  8. #38

    Default

    You can't be successful at self defense without being a good fighter.
    Thats a lie, anybody can throw a cheap shot to defend themselves before they end up in a fight or run away if they want. Or if you can read the situation you can bottle someone real fast before they really start to focus there attention on beating you up. So you dont have to end up in a fight, self defence is different from fighting.

  9. #39

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.love View Post
    What tests did they do? Shout 'raah' in front of some litmus paper and see how much spit came out?
    women do not have the aggression, spirit, determination and morale required to fight as soon as the tide of combat goes against them. They found that women were unable and unwilling to continue fighting when their morale was down or they were badly hurt and injured.

    Ask 90% of girls about fighting and they don't have a clue. They think it's like in films. I've heard girls say "if someone hit me i'd fucking hit them back". If someone hit you love, i mean properly hit you, you'd be on the floor unconsious.

  10. #40

    Default

    you can be successful as a self protection practitioner without being a good sports combat athelete.

    Training to prtect yourself and training for competition are completely different.

    I am a fan of the sport and an admirer of the athletes but I am very clear on the different training required for the two fields.

    Our girls do build up to realistic training drills, including being choked, restrained and even fairly robustly struck. I did mention having realistic expectations as part of the training.

    trolling this aspect of female martial arts training is pretty tasteless IMO

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This website uses cookies to enhance user experience. They can be disabled at any time. Please see our FAQ's for details.