Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fighting the haters, one at a time.

Default Fighting the haters, one at a time.

i try to avoid debates with people i dont know, but when i was sent a link to an article on the INDEPENDANT website, about our wonderful sport, i was quite annoyed by a comment left on the page.

i must have been in a bad mood that day, because i decided to engage the guy. here is the nonesense so far...

ebbi581 -

"this is a savage and barbaric act not a sport !!!chicken,dog,bear and all other animal fighting are criminalized but when it comes to human beings anything goes. it is a shame. this level of violence in 21st century is stupid."

danhardy -

"I'm sorry, I have to disagree. Your level of ignorance in the 21st century is stupid. this is a sanctioned and organized sport and, just because it isn't to your taste, doesn't mean it is wrong.

I'm sure there are a lot of things that you enjoy, that wouldn't interest me, that doesn't mean they should be illegal. I love this sport, not only as a fan, but as a participant. Nobody forced me to do it, I enjoy the competition and the opportunities the sport provides.

Since 1995, there have been 123 deaths in Cheerleading, do we make it illegal? Cheerleading has also left 782 people paralyzed. Do you know how many deaths or serious injuries in Mixed Martial Arts?

Zero.

My name is Dan Hardy (one of the fighters discussed in the above article), and you are welcome to come to my gym in Nottingham and learn a little more about the sport and the athletes involved. I think, if you invested a little time in it, as opposed to casting an uneducated judgement, you might just learn something.

D. Hardy"
    Last edited by theOutlaw; 20-09-2009 at 10:42 PM. Reason: switched telegraph for independant!
    Dan 'The Outlaw' Hardy
    'ROUGH HOUSE SOLDIER'

www.danhardymma.com

Sponsored by:-

TapouT, Xyience, Earache Records, Fightshop.com, Gumshields.com, Roko, MMA Unlimited.

"into the battles, making cages rattle, there's a pain thats inside us and we're letting it out"

ebbi581 -

"sorry my friend i condemn any kind of violence sport where people can seriously get hurt!!! i am against any kind of violence whether sanctioned or not !!!
    sorry i have no time ti invest in watching people beating each other!! this is 21st century and civilized people should not need to engage in active violence !!!"

"read your comment again!!! is there truly anything to learn from two people locked in cage while beating each other where brain damage is a sure possibility ??
    your argument about cheerleaders does not hold water since they do not intend to beat each other,the intention is "not" to hurt one another but if the rate of injuries becomes ridiculous then it must be looked at with possible safety provisions,but it is entirely different to two people trained and psyched up to beat each other . if we can stop animal fighting we must stop human fighting.
    human race must be mature enough to realize that violence is not the answer !!!!
    although i can understand your position since the fights are providing your bread and butter.
    finally there is nothing about human fighting to require educated judgment !!! educated people do not engage in violent sports."

danhardy -

"no sir, educated people know that they are in no position to pass judgement on other peoples lifestyles. that means, unfortunately you have just revealed, not only your lack of open-mindedness, but also a lack of intelligence.

i agree with your point about animal fighting, the difference there is, the animals being made to fight, dont have a choice. i, on the other hand, would partake in this sport, even if it wasnt paying my bills.

what about all of the other sports where physical contact is a part of the game? im sure you are aware of the amount of injuries sustained in, say, american football? rugby? ice hockey? do we ban these also? maybe sanctioned sports that allow physical contact, are a cathartic activity for the millions upon millions of people that have a desite to express their animal nature?

we cant all sit in out armchair and cast judgement on others, supressing our human nature and being content with golf. having said that, using your words, there is nothing to be "learned" from golf either, so why not ban that also.

i am sure that you occasionally enjoy an alcoholic beverage, talk on a mobile phone, perhaps you visit a fast food restaurant from time to time. do you give up all of these things because they can be dangerous? with your attitude, you might as well lock yourself in your house and stare through the window, contemplating the dangers of the outside world, condeming the public for taking such risks as to cross streets and drive cars.

i happen to enjoy testing myself against another, well trained human being, in the controlled environment of my favourite sport. i understand the risks, as does my opponent. nobody is making you partake in the sport, or even watch it, so please dont come on here and cast judgement upon me, and all of my fellow athletes, when you have no knowledge of the sport or the people involved.

nine people died from upturned lawnmowers last year, nobody died from competing in a mixed martial arts event. i dont cut grass, so i am confident that there are a lot more people at risk than i am. why dont you go and bother them instead of littering this page with your foolish comments."
    Dan 'The Outlaw' Hardy
    'ROUGH HOUSE SOLDIER'

www.danhardymma.com

TapouT, Xyience, Earache Records, Fightshop.com, Gumshields.com, Roko, MMA Unlimited.

"into the battles, making cages rattle, there's a pain thats inside us and we're letting it out"

Not taught by Wizards

he has a point.... you brutes

here is the link -

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...o-1784395.html

feel free to use any of my comments, if you encounter a similar problem.
    Dan 'The Outlaw' Hardy
    'ROUGH HOUSE SOLDIER'

www.danhardymma.com

Great posts.
    "No one deserves to be unbeaten" Dan Hardy post Cage Warriors Strike force 1 2005
    "I wanna be in fights that make history" Paul Daley post UFC 108 2010
    MMA Connect

you are welcome to come to my gym in Nottingham and learn a little more about the sport and the athletes involved. I think, if you invested a little time in it, as opposed to casting an uneducated judgement, you might just learn something.

Dan we all know this wont happen , these folk just love to write comments in papers but will never research mma first let alone visit a top mma gym..

Resident Hippy Mod CraigSt.Clair's Avatar

Dan I think you have been trolled mate, I hope you have anyway. I can't honestly believe that people are this mis-informed in real life like
    http://www.facebook.com/craig.st.clair666 ME

"That was how i got my first soapy titwank!
    Listening is cool and shit." BlackdogMMA

LOL @ Cutting Lawn reference....

I know sometimes you feel you have to educate morons! But you are better just by partaking in the sport..... end of!

Quote Originally Posted by CraigSt.Clair View Post
    Dan I think you have been trolled mate, I hope you have anyway. I can't honestly believe that people are this mis-informed in real life like
    i hope so too mate, i feel this is the average response from the typical 'telegraph/INDEPENDANT reader'.

just goes to show how much gareth davies is risking by covering mma. im suprised they arent marching to his house with torches and pitchforks!

props the mr. g.a.davies!
    Last edited by theOutlaw; 20-09-2009 at 10:43 PM.
    Dan 'The Outlaw' Hardy
    'ROUGH HOUSE SOLDIER'

www.danhardymma.com

The lawnmower and cheerleading comments were quality. I personally will be watching cheerleaders much more closely to make sure they take all appropiate safety precautions. No need to thank me, someone has to keep an eye on these young ladies.
    Styles Change - Style Doesn't

Twitter @mwsfc