Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dana White on Mayweather fight: "It sucked just like I thought it would."

mayweather's hand speed,skill and movement is incredible.fantasic boxer
    total douche bag though

however marquez was undersized to handle floyd and pressure him.

would love to see floyd v mosley,cotto,margarito(even though he's a cheating cunt) and prob pac man as well though i think pac is a bit small as well

Default Dana White is just a Tool

What Mayweather did last night against Marquez was a total master class of boxing period. For Dana White to call that boring shows he has zero understanding of what level of skill it takes to make a fighter of Marquez's level look so ordinary and avoid being hit.

Sure Marquez was not at his peak and was smaller at the weight, but take into consideration Mayweather had not boxed for two years and on many of the Boxing websites Marquez had been predicted to take this on points. What Mayweather did was hugely impressive.

It boils down to Dana White being an ignorant twat and not just admiting that the result was impressive. I'm a massive fan of both boxing and mma and will happily watch both all day long, but White's comments are exactly like someone not versed in the skill involved in the ground game of mma and just saying " how boring was that fight they both just lay on each other for 15 minutes and did nothing other than cuddle"

If you don't know what your watching then don't make a comment that just shows how ignorant you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Burton View Post
    What Mayweather did last night against Marquez was a total master class of boxing period. For Dana White to call that boring shows he has zero understanding of what level of skill it takes to make a fighter of Marquez's level look so ordinary and avoid being hit.

Sure Marquez was not at his peak and was smaller at the weight, but take into consideration Mayweather had not boxed for two years and on many of the Boxing websites Marquez had been predicted to take this on points. What Mayweather did was hugely impressive.

It boils down to Dana White being an ignorant twat and not just admiting that the result was impressive. I'm a massive fan of both boxing and mma and will happily watch both all day long, but White's comments are exactly like someone not versed in the skill involved in the ground game of mma and just saying " how boring was that fight they both just lay on each other for 15 minutes and did nothing other than cuddle"

If you don't know what your watching then don't make a comment that just shows how ignorant you are.
    Dear Christ, did it not come into your mind that Dana is saying what he is because UFC 103 took on the Mayweather fight and because the two sports are battling against each other?

Why do you need to take Dana so seriously? He's just being a businessman, just because he says stuff, doesn't mean he believes it.
    http://www.kendallgrovemma.com/

"You fucked his wife, fucked his fucking wife, you fucking wife fucker, you fucked his fucking wife you wife-fucking cunt, another mans wife? You stupid? You fucking thick you cunt? Fuck another mans wife? You don't do that!"

- Stephen Dillane

most boxers i have met n trained with luv mma ....most mma fighters luv boxing ... thats good enough for me ......

its all business hype n bollocks saying that i didnt watch the boxing are the ufc as i was playing warhammer which i must say got a bit out of hand for my likeing...

saying one is better than the other is like saying...

peanut butter is better than jelly
    peas are better than carrots
    skiing is better than snowboarding
    jump roping is better than skipping
    flying is better than driving
    dogs are better than cats
    liquor before beer and your in the clear
    eli manning is better than peyton manning
    one identical twin is hotter than the other identical twin

catch my drift?

Mayweather is a fag who only fights has-beens and little boys.

Quote Originally Posted by vicrum View Post
    saying one is better than the other is like saying...

peanut butter is better than jelly
    peas are better than carrots
    skiing is better than snowboarding
    jump roping is better than skipping
    flying is better than driving
    dogs are better than cats
    liquor before beer and your in the clear
    eli manning is better than peyton manning
    one identical twin is hotter than the other identical twin

catch my drift?
    not really, most those examples you list have a massive difference and can easily be distinguished and chosen between.
    "The more you sweat in peace, the less you bleed in war"
    GFT

Quote Originally Posted by Basilisk View Post
    Mayweather is a fag who only fights has-beens and little boys.
    Hernandez, Manfredy, Corrales, Chavez, Castillo x2, Sosa, Gatti, Zab Judah, De La Hoya, Hatton and now Marquez. Plus countless other fantastic fighters.

Does your resume contain such legendary names?

If not I may have to point the finger and call you a 'fag' ...

Quote Originally Posted by boxingbrit View Post
    i like to watch technical boxing over 12 rds but i can see why people wouldnt
    I agree,

i think we have been spoilt in the last few weeks, mcdermot v tyson ( forget the ref and outcome) , Lenny Daws on Friday, not a bad fight and this one saturday. I think it was a well matched fight. Hope to see more

If you need a friend, get a dog !
    http://www.PositiveAggression.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Burton View Post

Oh get a grip for fuck's sake.

What were you expecting Dana to say? "Yeah Mayweather fought a great fight, was definitely worth watching. In fact next time, give your PPV money to Golden Boy because we both know we in the UFC can't provide a product anything like it!".

Dana's just running with his mouth with hype like he always does. How are people not used to this by now?