Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dana White on Mayweather fight: "It sucked just like I thought it would."

Bottom line -- boxing is running scared, theres just not the tallent pool to compete with MMA cards. I was a huge boxing fan for years but the days of Tyson, Hearns, Robinson etc are simply a thing of the past.
    Modern cards may have two good fights but the rest of the card is prety much inconsequential.
    Boxing will always have a huge fan base in latin america but as for europe and usa its on its arse.
    Entertainment in general has changed and while boxing was asleep the UFC slipped in and stole the US audience.

And as for Mayweather he maybe a super tallented boxer but he really is a racist little prat. At least Danas entertaining when he speaks.

Quote Originally Posted by Jawz View Post
    "Boxing is like jazz. The better it is, the less people appreciate it" Big George Foreman. I thought the fight was great.
    nice post

i don't know how you can claim to be a fan of boxing (as dana does) and not appreciate mayweather's style and say "it sucked", the guy sees punches before they are thrown and is the best counter striker i have ever seen.
    he made a great fighter look quite ordinary on saturday night.
    comming in heavy was bs though, esp against a smaller/lighter fighter

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Fight League View Post
    Bottom line -- boxing is running scared, theres just not the tallent pool to compete with MMA cards. I was a huge boxing fan for years but the days of Tyson, Hearns, Robinson etc are simply a thing of the past.
    Modern cards may have two good fights but the rest of the card is prety much inconsequential.
    Boxing will always have a huge fan base in latin america but as for europe and usa its on its arse.
    Entertainment in general has changed and while boxing was asleep the UFC slipped in and stole the US audience.

And as for Mayweather he maybe a super tallented boxer but he really is a racist little prat. At least Danas entertaining when he speaks.
    I hear this a lot but what do you guage it on? Did Floyds fight beat the UFC on ppv numbers in the US? I havent seen any figures but im guessing it did

Mayweather deserves to get absolutely slated for not making weight though.

Marquez was already at a huge disadvantage at 144 so for mayweather to seemingly make no effort to make this weight was completely unacceptable IMO.

What would have happened in the pacquiao - de la hoya fight if, instead of draining himself trying to make weight, de la hoya had just decided 'fuck it i wont bother making weight i will just pay the fine'?

I think mayweather is so good he makes everyone else look bad, so why did he feel the need to give himself an added, and totally unfair, advantage?
    Muay Thai Phuket Magazine

Thailand's only English language martial arts magazine

www.mtpmagazine.com

Quote Originally Posted by hurricane View Post
    mayweather's hand speed,skill and movement is incredible.fantasic boxer
    total douche bag though

however marquez was undersized to handle floyd and pressure him.

would love to see floyd v mosley,cotto,margarito(even though he's a cheating cunt) and prob pac man as well though i think pac is a bit small as well
    totally agree mate ! pac man to small for him would rather seee him with mosely , mosely is lightnin fast , be much more entertainin and plus pac man is quite arguably best p4p so he shouldn have to prove it by fighting a much bigger guy than himself like mayweather , if they meet its down to money not the best p4p title

Quote Originally Posted by Grake View Post
    i don't know how you can claim to be a fan of boxing (as dana does) and not appreciate mayweather's style and say "it sucked", the guy sees punches before they are thrown and is the best counter striker i have ever seen.
    he made a great fighter look quite ordinary on saturday night.
    comming in heavy was bs though, esp against a smaller/lighter fighter
    The best counter striker you've ever seen?

Sure, he has brilliant counters but the best counter striker of all time should KO people that hes dominating.

Quote Originally Posted by vicrum View Post
    saying one is better than the other is like saying...

peanut butter is better than jelly
    peas are better than carrots
    skiing is better than snowboarding
    jump roping is better than skipping
    flying is better than driving
    dogs are better than cats
    liquor before beer and your in the clear
    eli manning is better than peyton manning
    one identical twin is hotter than the other identical twin

catch my drift?
    So what is it you are trying to say? You like things? And don't like things too?