Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A reputable MMA club in NOTTINGHAM. I'm a beginner

Hybrid View

Default A reputable MMA club in NOTTINGHAM. I'm a beginner

Hey guys. Im moving to University in Nottingham in a week or so.

I've decided i want to try learning MMA, it's something ive always been interested in. A good friend of mine told me it would be best if i could find a club that did individual Boxing, Wrestling and Grappling lessons, and also MMA classes teaching you to combine them.

But im open to any suggestions. Im staying in Nottingham City Centre so it would be awesome if there were any you could reccommend around there, but again, if not, i welcome any suggestions.

I'm a complete beginner with no experience at all. I'm athletic though.

Hope you could help me out!
    Look, i've marked for me this profitable forex system

Joe, you live in Nottingham and you are looking to get into MMA ? its your lucky day mate....Bushido, Rough House, Leicester Shoot etc...

I am sure some guys from each club may see this and give the contact details but you are arguably in the hottest area for MMA right now in the UK.
    if you think its easy stop now

no one achieved anything by doing nothing

never argue with a fool

if fighting is a pursuit rooted in pain, you will find the best teachers have often absorbed the most punishment themselves......and remained standing

http://www.twitter.com/marcgoddard_uk

If your living in the UK contact Lee Livingstone who Runs Bushido MMA.

info@bushido-mma.co.uk

or PM Livo-San on here.

Or Jimmy Wallhead runs a class in Loughbrough on Saturday mornings.

And one of the best grappling/MMA clubs in the UK Leicester shoot run evenings monday-thursday.

Definitely not short of quality in the Midlands
    Team Rough House - UKs no1 fight team

If your in Nottingham then sounds like you need to go down to Rough House for sure.....But if your willing to travel

I sometimes attend Jimmy Wallhead's class on Sats and thats awesome to and only in Loughborough so not to far from Nottingham, i'm suprised more don't go down but i guess everyone gets tanked up on Friday's you'll learn a lot though and if your not fit you will be by the time you leave! Best tip i can give you is don't get pissed up the night before or you'll pay for it bigstylee.

I go to Leicester shoot and it's awesome. Theres not to many egos in there and the better guys are usually the most helpful/friendly. Gets a little crowded but there moving to a new gym which is going to be bigger. It's a popular place for a reason.
    Last edited by Sammo27; 22-09-2009 at 11:23 PM.

Roughhouse, just checkout the talent coming out of it @ the mo, & that's at all levels.

Hey guys.
    Thanks for your replies.

Its strange you suggested Bushido Predator, cause this morning i came across it on a google search and sent an email. I hope i get a reply soon.

Marc - how lucky is that! Im a bit nervous like, as i've got no fighting experience whatsoever, but i have to start somewhere!

Ill look further into your guys suggestions. Thanks again.

p.s ignore that link so that "forex" crap...its some virus thing i picked up somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeKenny View Post
    Hey guys.
    Thanks for your replies.

Its strange you suggested Bushido Predator, cause this morning i came across it on a google search and sent an email. I hope i get a reply soon.

Marc - how lucky is that! Im a bit nervous like, as i've got no fighting experience whatsoever, but i have to start somewhere!

Ill look further into your guys suggestions. Thanks again.

p.s ignore that link so that "forex" crap...its some virus thing i picked up somewhere.

Don't worry mate i hardly had any either. Just did a little bit of boxing when i was 13 for a few weeks that was it so nothing really but i did know what it was like to take a punch i spose. I've only had 1 bad experience with somebody in he gym just trying to be hard. Ask the trainer to pair you up with some experienced lads they will help you out i'm sure. 1 of the best things you'll do though and if it's not for u then at least you know that you've tried it.

I sent an email to Bushido and they never got back to me! :/

Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    I sent an email to Bushido and they never got back to me! :/
    What do you need to know?

Im sure you'll get any answers you need from this thread
    Team Rough House - UKs no1 fight team

"The UK's Lyoto Machida - Hit and Run, Baby" widge milward's Avatar

Bushido who?
    Leicester what?
    Roughwhere?

only joking, you cant go wrong at either of these places tbh

just be a bit cautious of that Barton fella, he likes to "touch" boys
    Last edited by widge milward; 22-09-2009 at 12:35 PM.