Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A reputable MMA club in NOTTINGHAM. I'm a beginner

If your in Nottingham then sounds like you need to go down to Rough House for sure.....But if your willing to travel

I sometimes attend Jimmy Wallhead's class on Sats and thats awesome to and only in Loughborough so not to far from Nottingham, i'm suprised more don't go down but i guess everyone gets tanked up on Friday's you'll learn a lot though and if your not fit you will be by the time you leave! Best tip i can give you is don't get pissed up the night before or you'll pay for it bigstylee.

I go to Leicester shoot and it's awesome. Theres not to many egos in there and the better guys are usually the most helpful/friendly. Gets a little crowded but there moving to a new gym which is going to be bigger. It's a popular place for a reason.
    Last edited by Sammo27; 22-09-2009 at 11:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeKenny View Post
    Hey guys.
    Thanks for your replies.

Its strange you suggested Bushido Predator, cause this morning i came across it on a google search and sent an email. I hope i get a reply soon.

Marc - how lucky is that! Im a bit nervous like, as i've got no fighting experience whatsoever, but i have to start somewhere!

Ill look further into your guys suggestions. Thanks again.

p.s ignore that link so that "forex" crap...its some virus thing i picked up somewhere.

Don't worry mate i hardly had any either. Just did a little bit of boxing when i was 13 for a few weeks that was it so nothing really but i did know what it was like to take a punch i spose. I've only had 1 bad experience with somebody in he gym just trying to be hard. Ask the trainer to pair you up with some experienced lads they will help you out i'm sure. 1 of the best things you'll do though and if it's not for u then at least you know that you've tried it.

Well...im prepared to get the shit kicked out of me at the start...thats probably how i'll learn haha.

Yeh, only thing im worried about is there being a load of Ego's there making it hard. Oh well, like you say, if it doesnt work out at least ill know i've tried it.
    Hey sammo, in your opinion would you go for Rough House or Bushido?

Thanks david5 for that link to the Bushido runner, ill contact him.
    Last edited by JoeKenny; 24-09-2009 at 01:24 AM.

if it was me i would go to rough house as they have produced paul daley and dan hardy who have awsome stand up

Quote Originally Posted by JoeKenny View Post
    Well...im prepared to get the shit kicked out of me at the start...thats probably how i'll learn haha.

Yeh, only thing im worried about is there being a load of Ego's there making it hard. Oh well, like you say, if it doesnt work out at least ill know i've tried it.
    Hey sammo, in your opinion would you go for Rough House or Bushido?

Thanks david5 for that link to the Bushido runner, ill contact him.
    Joe Kenny,

Rough House isnt a gym. It is a team.

The members train at several places including Bushido MMA in nottingham. Rough house member Lee Livingstone runs that gym. Go check it out
    Team Rough House - UKs no1 fight team

Oh im with you. Thanks predator. Well i was looking for a Gym, so ill go for Bushidos. Ill let you all know how i get on!!

Quote Originally Posted by Predator View Post
    Joe Kenny,

Rough House isnt a gym. It is a team.

The members train at several places including Bushido MMA in nottingham. Rough house member Lee Livingstone runs that gym. Go check it out
    lee trains with rough house, but he fights for bushido mma team.

rough house train at leicester shootfighters, cobra gym, liberty's, mike's gym (holland), 10th planet jiu jitsu (LA), bushido mma and the leicester tigers gym.
    Dan 'The Outlaw' Hardy
    'ROUGH HOUSE SOLDIER'

www.danhardymma.com

Sponsored by:-

TapouT, Xyience, Earache Records, Fightshop.com, Gumshields.com, Roko, MMA Unlimited.

"into the battles, making cages rattle, there's a pain thats inside us and we're letting it out"

I've just started training at Bushido, and I can't say enough good things about it. The training is great and the atmosphere is friendly. Not seen anyone trying to be all matcho and people are always generally trying to help.

I'm a complete beginner as well, (I've had about 3-4 years boxing experience and a couple of weeks of Muay Thai in Thailand) so it seems good for all levels

EDIT: I go to Wallhead's class on Saturdays, No-gi on Wednesday and MMA on Thursdays. Whenever I can make it that is.

Anyone got the address and time for Jimmys class?

Quote Originally Posted by Graz View Post
    Anyone got the address and time for Jimmys class?
    Yes mate it's 10 - 12 am and it's a bargain at 6 it's at the bottem of Cumberland Road in Loughborough it's on like an industrial estate. I went down this Sat jus gone really good class more inter - advanced but anyones welcome.