Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Awkward situation with mate who is turning pro

Default Awkward situation with mate who is turning pro

After training my personal trainer gives me a body rub in the locker room. There is nothing wrong or homosexual about this; it is a tradition from Thailand. See http://www.horizonmuaythai.com/Muay%20Thai/massage.html

He uses oils and makes sure his hands are nice and warm so that I won't flinch when he touches me. Maybe it helps that he looks a bit foreign because I have never thought this was strange even when I was a kid.

My friend is training to go pro this winter and I thought I'd treat him to a relaxing massage after sparring so I prepared the oils and everything. At first he was ok by it but he freaked out when I made him slip out of his shorts as the oil wouldn't wash out. Anyone who has tried removing oil-based lubricants from silk will know what I mean!

Is this xenophobia or homophobia or both? Do other pro fighters have post-fight rub-downs in the locker room?

The first pic you get when you google Thai boxer massage http://images.google.com/images?hl=e...tart=0&ndsp=20

Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    After training my personal trainer gives me a body rub in the locker room. There is nothing wrong or homosexual about this; it is a tradition from Thailand. See http://www.horizonmuaythai.com/Muay%20Thai/massage.html

He uses oils and makes sure his hands are nice and warm so that I won't flinch when he touches me. Maybe it helps that he looks a bit foreign because I have never thought this was strange even when I was a kid.

My friend is training to go pro this winter and I thought I'd treat him to a relaxing massage after sparring so I prepared the oils and everything. At first he was ok by it but he freaked out when I made him slip out of his shorts as the oil wouldn't wash out. Anyone who has tried removing oil-based lubricants from silk will know what I mean!

Is this xenophobia or homophobia or both? Do other pro fighters have post-fight rub-downs in the locker room?

The first pic you get when you google Thai boxer massage http://images.google.com/images?hl=e...tart=0&ndsp=20

why is it them who has to have the problem? why is it them being labelled as xenophobic or homophobic?

just becasue someone doesnt want to be touched up by another person, or get naked in front of them. that's their basic human rights, nothing homophobic about it.

i wouldn't like some bloke rubbing oils all over me then telling me to take my shorts off.

maybe it was you who crossed the line by asking someone to take their clothes off.

(*hides*)
    "The more you sweat in peace, the less you bleed in war"
    GFT

Pro Fighter
    self-appointed boss of the forum

How come in the sample picture you provide, of the Kru massaging his Nak Muay, the Nak Muay still has his shorts on?

Doesn't appear to be a problem washing oils out in Thailand... why are you insiting he takes his clothes off?

In the years I have done Muay Thai, I never once saw a Kru tell his guys to strip naked for their massage.

Not taught by Wizards

muahahaha, new trolls rock

Quote Originally Posted by londonpride View Post
    i wouldn't like some bloke rubbing oils all over me then telling me to take my shorts off.
    But you would be cool if it was a women? See, you are homophobic too.

Quote Originally Posted by ReD_mIst View Post
    How come in the sample picture you provide, of the Kru massaging his Nak Muay, the Nak Muay still has his shorts on?
    In the third pic that is not the case.

Personally I'm far from homophobic. I'm all for live and let live. It's not how I roll but homosexuality in others doesn't both me one bit. Each to their own.

This is a bit gay though Vader.

Out you come.

Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    But you would be cool if it was a women? See, you are homophobic too.
    how's it homophobic?
    is the male giving the rub down a homo then? are you suggesting anyone who gives massages are homosexual? you were the one doing the rub down and got rejected, you call that homophobic, which means you must be gay? otherwise it wouldn't be homophobic would it.

i don't want other men touching me when im naked, its disgraceful to call someone homophobic because of this. gays can do what they want, but i don't want a male, straight or gay, rubbing me down naked, it's my human right to not want to be touched or put in an uncomfortable position.

by your statements it's ok for a gay to rub me up and down when im naked and if i don't like it then it's ME who has the issue?
    BOLLOX.

i hope you're another troll and not just another tosspot.
    "The more you sweat in peace, the less you bleed in war"
    GFT

Vader IS a homosexual you plum.

Resident Hippy Mod CraigSt.Clair's Avatar

"Slipped out of shorts" lol did you cup him too?
    http://www.facebook.com/craig.st.clair666 ME

"That was how i got my first soapy titwank!
    Listening is cool and shit." BlackdogMMA