Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Grapple Mania 2 - Leeds, Sun 8th!! No-Gi Grappling Competition !!enter now!!

I'm fighting u87kg, not bad seen as though I was about 96kg a month ago! Good luck with the 5kg bud! I went from 92kg to 86.8kg in a week for ground control 6.0, couldn't believe i made it...and stayed there!

I'll make it lol it's 0.5kg not 5kg I aint that fat
    The Dungeon Sunderland / Checkmatt BJJ team

can someone please explain why you get points for putting your knee on some ones belly but nowt for nearly subbing some one as there seems to be no logic to this at all> is the purpose to finish the fight or to lay on someone " tightly"

Quote Originally Posted by benttoe View Post
    can someone please explain why you get points for putting your knee on some ones belly but nowt for nearly subbing some one as there seems to be no logic to this at all> is the purpose to finish the fight or to lay on someone " tightly"
    We find that it is difficult to referee submission attempts and there may be discrepencies. So it is simple a good submission will win the fight, knee on belly is not just a knee on belly it is a knee on belly with a leg stretched out showing control and held for 3 seconds +. Again the game is about control, movement and submission. A submission at any point does win, and the rules are the same for everyone so no disadvantages to anyone or advantages, in that sense. We are gratefull to your comments and views.

thanks for your reply. i know its difficult to ref a sub attempt & i know the rules are pretty much universal but dont you think people are going to just hold on for points instead of going for a sub. this is boring & negative fighting. if its about control why is it called submission fighting? , also why no leg locks if grappling is to evolve it needs sambo & catch wrestlers to compete against bjj guys so everyone has to know everyone elses game much like mma. most people i see at "grappling "events are mma guys who at amateur level can leg lock or neck crank all they want so again i dont understand why at advanced level grappling you carnt. cause hey you can always tap. please dont get me wrong your last event was great & ill be at the next one its just these issues dont make sense. it carnt just be me that thinks so

points are much fairer imho, it might look like the tightest sub attempt in the world but be perfectly defended.. but who's to say the ref will catch that?

I agree on the leg locks though, heel hooks maybe.. but probably allowed in an advanced division, toe holds I have no idea why they are left out.. for me no worse being kimura'd too far and having my shoulder joint shredded
    The Dungeon Sunderland / Checkmatt BJJ team

Really looking forward to this event again, we're bringing some of our lads over from Salford - a couple of them in their first grappling event so it'll be good experience for them.

I was planning on doing this one but have got lazy in my training I'll be there anyway.....next one methinks!

Have more women entered the comp this time?

I'm not one to usually come on the forums and whine but today was just a disgrace. The event itself was very very well ran and each division went off fine but the refereeing was AWFUL! It wasn't just 1 ref either, it was all of them! They didn't have a clue! Rewarding wrong points, not awarding points, awarding points when they shouldn't have....it was honestly laughable! I'm not just whining because I was on the bad end of a few decisions myself either, I saw it over and over again. They didn't even know there own points system! It was like a lottery about when they would give points! They didn't know the difference between a takedown and a clean takedown for starters! I'm sat here fuming, I can honestly say I will never go to Grapplemania again and recommend that any one else who doesn't want to waste 25 doesn't go either...at least until they get some proper ref's! I've been to NEGC & Ground control and they're spot on! Get yourself there instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug@Phoenix View Post
    I'm not one to usually come on the forums and whine but today was just a disgrace. The event itself was very very well ran and each division went off fine but the refereeing was AWFUL! It wasn't just 1 ref either, it was all of them! They didn't have a clue! Rewarding wrong points, not awarding points, awarding points when they shouldn't have....it was honestly laughable! I'm not just whining because I was on the bad end of a few decisions myself either, I saw it over and over again. They didn't even know there own points system! It was like a lottery about when they would give points! They didn't know the difference between a takedown and a clean takedown for starters! I'm sat here fuming, I can honestly say I will never go to Grapplemania again and recommend that any one else who doesn't want to waste 25 doesn't go either...at least until they get some proper ref's! I've been to NEGC & Ground control and they're spot on! Get yourself there instead.
    Who was reffing? The polish pair kamil and tomik are class bjj players they have an excellent idea of point awarding.
    "A boxer is the best predator on land. The Lion, but throw him in the shark tank and he becomes just another meal" Renzo Gracie.

The refs were a bit dodgy like, I got points for back control when I put my hooks in, after I had a body triangle. He didn't give me the points for the body triangle, but isn't it for back control?

It was okay, I had fun, it's just another tournament to get more experience

Next Gen MMA