Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Scam Warning

www.vtjiujitsu.co.uk - Part of the Bristol Alliance

Wiltshire's Strongest Person 2008

House of Pain Bantamweight British Champion

Rally driver extraordinaire!

Resident Hippy Mod CraigSt.Clair's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DanCrase View Post
    This reminds me of a "cold call" I got the other week, that sounded like one of those automated "hi...do you have loans that need repaying?" type calls.

So, being the mature guy I am, I immediately farted down the phone.

Well, turns out it was a real girl, calling from Manchester city council, to check if my issues with my former landlord had been resolved.

I spent about 20 minutes trying to apologise to her after that, feeling like a complete bastard
    Thats classic
    http://www.facebook.com/craig.st.clair666 ME

"That was how i got my first soapy titwank!
    Listening is cool and shit." BlackdogMMA

Quote Originally Posted by NickKnight View Post
    Haven't people learned though? If you are stupid enough to give bank details over the phone you deserve everything you get.
    Even if they are elderly? Have you considered a widow/er who may have never dealt with any of the household bills/utilities getting caught out? Do you think that is fair?

How about someone with learning difficulties but who is trying to live independantly?

Do these people deserve it?
    http://www.ChrisReesAcademy.com - http://thetattooedchimp.blogspot.co.uk/

Africans Are Big On Rip Offs.

Quote Originally Posted by DetoxGuru.com View Post
    Africans Are Big On Rip Offs.
    Fuck off you racist cunt!

Jay Darrell is African and he's a real stand up guy.

People fall for the silliest things... cheers for the update, wasn't aware of this (I got my phone line disconnected not long ago anyway) it's good to know incase I hear anyone talking about it. Ta.
    The mind of the believer stagnates. It fails to grow outward into an unlimited, infinite universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Zanmato View Post
    People fall for the silliest things... cheers for the update, wasn't aware of this (I got my phone line disconnected not long ago anyway) it's good to know incase I hear anyone talking about it. Ta.
    If your phone was disconnected cos your are a cheap git, why do you need to know about this in case you hear people talking about it?

Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    If your phone was disconnected cos your are a cheap git, why do you need to know about this in case you hear people talking about it?
    How many new trolls are there going to be?!?!
    http://www.kendallgrovemma.com/

"You fucked his wife, fucked his fucking wife, you fucking wife fucker, you fucked his fucking wife you wife-fucking cunt, another mans wife? You stupid? You fucking thick you cunt? Fuck another mans wife? You don't do that!"

- Stephen Dillane

Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    My phone was disconnected because I called them up and said I didn't want it anymore. I'm not a cheap git, I just never used it - I can do all my communicating in person, on my mobile or electronically through MSN or email. It was a nuisance as people kept calling me asking for the job centre (and would leave the phone ringing for several minutes at a time if I intended to not get up and answer it).

As for why I'd need to know... why would anyone need to know anything? Do I have to have a phone line to over-hear someone, or be speaking with someone where this sort of story comes up in conversation?
    The mind of the believer stagnates. It fails to grow outward into an unlimited, infinite universe.