Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 90

Thread: What's the point in women doing martial arts?

  1. #1

    Default What's the point in women doing martial arts?

    This isn't a troll thread now before you go moving it to the troll hole. I genuinely don't see what the point is in women doing martial arts. I will back up my view by tackling the reasons why a lot of women train:

    1) Self Defense - this is the main reason people want to learn martial arts. But for women it's even more silly than for men. Firstly, a woman is not going to be able to fend off a gang of rapists no matter what she trains in. A massive drunk bloke who wants to hit a woman is not going to be fought off by an 8 stone female no matter what she's trained in either. Infact women who do martial arts and think they're hard are more at risk because atleast untrained women have the sense to try and run off or don't go to dangerous places alone. A woman who thinks she can handle herself usually puts herself in danger through her own naive mentality. Therefore the self defence thing is not a good reason

    2) Sport - Because they enjoy fighting/competing - I saw on the news the other day about some woman who wanted women's boxing to be allowed or some shit. She was debating with some bloke about this and that and how it's medically ok. But she was missing the point entirely. Nobody gives a shit. Nobody cares who is the best female fighter in the world. Nobody discusses it or is impressed by it. Just like nobody really gives a shit which bloke is the best fashion model. Fighting is and always has been a man's game. Why devote yourself to something nobody cares about? There isn't even a massive amount of competition as most girls realise that there's nothing attractive about beating the shit out of another girl and that nobody wants to see it.

    3) Health and Fitness - Martial Arts (and in particular MMA) is one of the worst things to do if you care about how you look. If you want to be fit and look good then join a gym. A girl with cauliflower ears, a black eye and a broken nose is not attractive. You're better off being a bit fat than having them things.

    4) social aspects - a lot of women join martial arts classes to be around men so that they can pull them. Well if you're a minger and can't pull in the traditional places like pubs and nightclubs, with todays online dating services and social networking sites you can meet loads of people of similar calibre to yourself with ease. I personally think single people have it easy these days. When I was single we didn't even have mobile phones and texting to hide behind and had to rely on dates ... which was hard work. Get online and send some guys pics of your rack and minge if you want a bloke. As for meeting female friends, well go to a spinning class or aerobics. That's where they all are.

    So as you can see i think i've demonstrated that women training in martial arts is pointless. If someone can give me a reason as to why they should do it I will take it on board, but I really don't see what the point is in women training to fight.

    Stubbs
    Last edited by Stubbsy; 16-09-2009 at 09:29 AM.

  2. #2

    Default

    Put this thread in the troll section

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Baker View Post
    Put this thread in the troll section
    Fuck off, why? This is not a troll thread. I'd be interested in hearing why people think women should do martial arts and maybe some reasons off female fighters themselves justifying why they do it.

    I'm not trying to piss anyone off, just really, genuinely think this is a valid point.

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stubbsy View Post
    This isn't a troll thread now before you go moving it to the troll hole. I genuinely don't see what the point is in women doing martial arts. I will back up my view by tackling the reasons why a lot of women train:

    1) Self Defense - this is the main reason people want to learn martial arts. But for women it's even more silly than for men. Firstly, a woman is not going to be able to fend off a gang of rapists no matter what she trains in. A massive drunk bloke who wants to hit a woman is not going to be fought off by an 8 stone female no matter what she's trained in either. Infact women who do martial arts and think they're hard are more at risk because atleast untrained women have the sense to try and run off or don't go to dangerous places alone. A woman who thinks she can handle herself usually puts herself in danger through her own naive mentality. Therefore the self defence thing is not a good reason

    2) Sport - Because they enjoy fighting/competing - I saw on the news the other day about some woman who wanted women's boxing to be allowed or some shit. She was debating with some bloke about this and that and how it's medically ok. But she was missing the point entirely. Nobody gives a shit. Nobody cares who is the best female fighter in the world. Nobody discusses it or is impressed by it. Just like nobody really gives a shit which bloke is the best fashion model. Fighting is and always has been a man's game. Why devote yourself to something nobody cares about? There isn't even a massive amount of competition as most girls realise that there's nothing attractive about beating the shit out of another girl and that nobody wants to see it.

    3) Health and Fitness - Martial Arts (and in particular MMA) is one of the worst things to do if you care about how you look. If you want to be fit and look good then join a gym. A girl with cauliflower ears, a black eye and a broken nose is not attractive. You're better off being a bit fat than having them things.

    4) social aspects - a lot of women join martial arts classes to be around men so that they can pull them. Well if you're a minger and can't pull in the traditional places like pubs and nightclubs, with todays online dating services and social networking sites you can meet loads of people of similar calibre to yourself with ease. I personally think single people have it easy these days. When I was single we didn't even have mobile phones and texting to hide behind and had to rely on dates ... which was hard work. Get online and send some guys pics of your rack and minge if you want a bloke. As for meeting female friends, well go to a spinning class or aerobics. That's where they all are.

    So as you can see i think i've demonstrated that women training in martial arts is pointless. If someone can give me a reason as to why they should do it I will take it on board, but I really don't see what the point is in women training to fight.

    Stubbs
    as you asked, ill treat this as a non troll thread.
    no you havent demonstrated a fucking thing about women doing MMA

    1) self defence
    yes it does help them. it may not help them against 8 rapists which you dramtically mention. but it gives them some form of defence which is better than what they'd previously have.
    if a guys coming up to them in a club being pushy and they cant get away from him and he gets nasty, they have some degree of ability to fight him off, far beter than they'd otherwise have, so it is of worth as self defence.

    2) sport -
    so because noone cares about it they shouldn't do it as a sport? dont be a cunt.
    shall we say the same for all female sports in the world? if they want to compete and do it as a sport that is fine, ok it may not be as popular, but it's for the individual, not for your enjoyment.

    3) fitness -
    it gives the women a hugh boost in fitness. not all women just want to look great, some like to test their bodies the best they can, mma provides them with a great physical test and great fitness. as for making them look bad, gina corano looks pretty fucking good to me.

    4) social -
    not sure about this at all, think you just made it up as a stick to beat them with.

    all in all a pretty shit argument filled in with nonsensical crap.
    shame really, i was starting to enjoy your posts. but to say women get no benefit out of doing mma as either a self defence, sport or fitness reason is just plain ludicrous and your arguments make little sense.

    good effort though.
    "The more you sweat in peace, the less you bleed in war"
    GFT

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stubbsy View Post
    Fuck off, why? This is not a troll thread. I'd be interested in hearing why people think women should do martial arts and maybe some reasons off female fighters themselves justifying why they do it.

    I'm not trying to piss anyone off, just really, genuinely think this is a valid point.
    if you think your points are 'valid' then you're fucking warped.
    "The more you sweat in peace, the less you bleed in war"
    GFT

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stubbsy View Post
    Fuck off, why? This is not a troll thread. I'd be interested in hearing why people think women should do martial arts and maybe some reasons off female fighters themselves justifying why they do it.

    I'm not trying to piss anyone off, just really, genuinely think this is a valid point.
    Just the same reasons why men do the sport, einstein?

    And the same reason why you do the sport you enjoy

  7. #7

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by londonpride View Post
    as you asked, ill treat this as a non troll thread.
    no you havent demonstrated a fucking thing about women doing MMA

    1) self defence
    yes it does help them. it may not help them against 8 rapists which you dramtically mention. but it gives them some form of defence which is better than what they'd previously have.
    if a guys coming up to them in a club being pushy and they cant get away from him and he gets nasty, they have some degree of ability to fight him off, far beter than they'd otherwise have, so it is of worth as self defence..
    No it doesn't. If they are being harrassed in a club and they aren't with a man who can look after them, the security should step in. Or they should try and seek help from someone. A woman trying to fight a man when she's dressed in high heels and a dress for a night on the town is silly and it never happens successfully. A woman would be better off carrying a rape alarm than learning techniques to fight off imaginary attackers. Also, there is way more chance a woman will be hurt in training than in the street or down the pub.

    Quote Originally Posted by londonpride View Post
    2) sport -
    so because noone cares about it they shouldn't do it as a sport? dont be a cunt.
    shall we say the same for all female sports in the world? if they want to compete and do it as a sport that is fine, ok it may not be as popular, but it's for the individual, not for your enjoyment..
    would you train to be the best in something that nobody cares about? Honestly? Not only that but there are tons of medical reasons involved as to why women shouldn't be beating the shit out of one another. Women are not designed to wrestle and fight. Don't have a go at me if you don't like that, that's how god intended it to be. And why would a woman really want to be part of the "let em have a go lol" division? Any type of physical sport such as boxing, football, mma, wrestling, rugby is not designed for women. End of story.

    Quote Originally Posted by londonpride View Post
    3) fitness -
    it gives the women a hugh boost in fitness. not all women just want to look great, some like to test their bodies the best they can, mma provides them with a great physical test and great fitness. as for making them look bad, gina corano looks pretty fucking good to me...
    Gina carano is an exception. And she's not that fit. She'd look better if she just went the gym and did spinning and aerobics. You will get a lot bewtter results in physical fitness and body sculpting if you btrain specifically for that. There is no way Thai boxing monday and wednesday and wrestling tuesday and thursday is going to be better than a specifically tailotred and proffessional fitness regime at a gym designed to increase your fitnes and help you tone up lose weight. As for testing their bodies? What against? What does a woman's body need testing against?

    Quote Originally Posted by londonpride View Post
    4) social -
    not sure about this at all, think you just made it up as a stick to beat them with.
    I'm not making it up. I've seen it many times at kickboxing, tkd, karate, boxing, mma schools. Girls go with a friend who agrees to go with them. The girl meets people and feels comfortable, the friend leaves as the girl now feels confidant enough to go on her own as she knows people at the gym. The girl pulls one of the guys who trains there. The girl then stops going as she's accomplished what she set out to do and now just comes along and watches her boyfrien train (occasionally).


    Quote Originally Posted by londonpride View Post
    all in all a pretty shit argument filled in with nonsensical crap.
    shame really, i was starting to enjoy your posts. but to say women get no benefit out of doing mma as either a self defence, sport or fitness reason is just plain ludicrous and your arguments make little sense.

    good effort though.
    I disagree. I really don't see what is int it for women at all and what the point is in the learning to fight.

  9. #9

    Default

    Obviously stubberzoid you do realise that a female who does self defence would better defend herself against other females because of the martial arts that she does than if se didn't. Although with the competing mixed martial arts thing I think most people admit womens mma is a bit pooey really and aren't really interested in it, and the people who say they are interested in it are so only because they have a friend or relative doing it and rightly so. I must also add that watching women fight even at the highest level is like watching average level kids fighting, even at top level womens boxing it's the same and that sport has had women competing in it for a long time. Just the way it is really therfore kids and women don't really take the main stage. I saw something on tv recently about most women can't cook well anymore, stupid cows should stop sitting down looking up womens mma fights on their computers and try cooking some good meals so the art of cooking isn't lost.
    Thanks

    Keith floyd

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Milton Keynes
    Posts
    211

    Default

    I recon this twat was beat up by an 8 stone women and is trying to cover it up.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This website uses cookies to enhance user experience. They can be disabled at any time. Please see our FAQ's for details.