Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Weight Loss, your Top 5+ tips

Banned

Well, i personally sit eating shit all day, sat on the my ass...

And i'm underweight, so i'd say go for it!

Is very important around here MikeyL's Avatar

You eat like a bird. Eat more.
    The views I express on this forum are my own and are no way associated with any organisation I work with.

http://www.mmaunltd.com/

http://www.mmahitpit.com/diaries/all...blogs/mikeleng

I recommend joining weight watchers if you want to make long term weight loss. Use their online points calculator to calculate all the calories you eat and stick to a weekly target. (eg save up or claw back calories over the week then a few pints or a curry at the weekend)

the only way to lose weight and keep it off is calorie control.

Eating with calorie control at the forefront of your mind will teach you what foods to avoid. (ie pizza, wet curries and beer)

Unrealistic diets should also be avoided, you won't find any mung beans to snack on when at a service station on the M1.

Nutrition is key to loosing weight of course, but one aspect that is sometimes not emphasised enough is just how much time you need to spend excersizing. Roughly speaking ....... loose 1kg by burning 7000 calories more than you intake.
    For example, a 6 minute mile burns 950 - 1300 cals depending on body weight.
    a 12 minute mile burns 470 - 690. So, your talking about a shit load of running to burn off 7000 calories.
    I know mma is a dif type of work out, but its hard to judge the burn.
    Tap Forged

I'll write a proper post later but one quick thing to say is, when I'm losing everything is wicked, I feel better in training, it's no trouble to get up for a 6am run, food planning gets so easy I don't even think about it etc etc. It's when I hit a plateau that I get in real trouble.

Thats the reason I'm still bobbing around the 18st mark (after getting down from 23st) I just seem to plateau at this weight and it's absolutely f***ing demorilising. The gap between 245lbs and 220lbs is my nemisis.
    ''Fren let me tell you, purple must smash people. SMASH THEM...that is hequirement for purple. Purple belt dangerus man, if purple belt cannot smash he not real purple'' - CREONTE
    Follow me on Twitter

Gary 'Smiler' Turner
    Pro Fighter

Inchbyinch, just a quick bit of help...

Your weight will stabilise every 10lbs or so, as your body gets used to its new size...if you are losing too quickly it may do this quicker and for longer, as the body goes into starvation mode.

With time, the body will adjust again...and continue...

Also this can happen if you cut out a food group...and then the craving for that food group starts...

Your bodies are constantly replacing themselves, for example your blood is replaced in entirety every 30days...

So allow your body to adjust...re-assess what you are doing also to check for errors...then proceed on the road to lightness...

Smiler

Quote Originally Posted by Smiler View Post
    Last night I went through 3 copies of Men's Fitness.

There were loads of fat loss articles - that didn't talk about fat loss.

All they did was talk about weight loss, which is not the same thing.

There is only one way to train to effectively burn fat - low intensity aerobic exercise on an empty stomach.

Combine that with short and sharp high intensity work, to release the fat burning hormones.

Everything else is just about weight control (in this context), helping burn more calories than you take in.

Discuss. Lol!

Smiler
    How so? What energy systems are not fuel up to use when you wake up?
    Insert whiny message

Gary 'Smiler' Turner
    Pro Fighter

Ah, for that you have to read my book when it comes out!

After carrying out probably around 1000 hours of research and practice in respect to fat burning (including on myself dropping 14kg in 14 weeks), it'll be wrong of me to give my learnings away...but trust me, its all out there for you to find lol!

The very nature of your statement/question tells me that you haven't carried out any learnings into the energy systems of the body...and that should be your first start...

Smiler

Ill read your book when it comes out don't worry. I'm always open to learning more. Do i think morning training is good for health, and state change yes. But for pure weight-loss no, i don't see the extra benefits. Mostly cause the hormonal change in the body. I hope i make my self clear, my English is not very. Its only my 5th language

Don't worry i know the systems in the body and the formulas to write them out.
    Last edited by Duchman; 05-10-2009 at 08:38 PM.
    Insert whiny message

Quote Originally Posted by Duchman View Post
    I hope i make my self clear, my English is not very. Its only my 5th language
    For real? That's impressive.

Man, I could never get the hang of learning languages in school (except computer programming), I suck at it.
    http://www.ChrisReesAcademy.com - http://thetattooedchimp.blogspot.co.uk/