Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 60

Thread: Is this a realistic technique to stop a knife attack?

  1. #21

    Default

    @David buttlin was ian bleeding from a knife wound or bullet? Sounds like you've got some enemies..anyway hope you got em back

  2. #22
    Senior Member Rob T's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    South Wales
    Posts
    9,170

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jam Roll View Post
    Why is it bs? what makes you the expert?
    When did I claim I was an expert?

    I am willing to have my opinion changed; show me a video of anything like that working in a real fight. Doesn't have to be against a knife, just a wrist grab into whatever...
    http://www.ChrisReesAcademy.com - http://thetattooedchimp.blogspot.co.uk/

  3. #23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rob T View Post
    When did I claim I was an expert?

    I am willing to have my opinion changed; show me a video of anything like that working in a real fight. Doesn't have to be against a knife, just a wrist grab into whatever...
    Just because you haven't seen it don't mean it don't work, I get the inpression from alot of you gracie bum bandits that just because someone dosent teach arts used in mma that whatever their teaching is bs..... Ffs rob not everyone is out to con people

  4. #24
    Senior Member Augustus Gloop's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    stuck in a pipe
    Posts
    1,240

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rob T View Post
    When did I claim I was an expert?

    I am willing to have my opinion changed; show me a video of anything like that working in a real fight. Doesn't have to be against a knife, just a wrist grab into whatever...
    wrist grabs/locks work all the time as restraint techniques? what proof do you want?
    if you want one used in mma look up an old aoki vid from shooto days. wrist grab into standing elbow lock submission win
    Augustus Gloop, Augustus Gloop, a great big greedy nincompoop!!

  5. #25
    Senior Member Rob T's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    South Wales
    Posts
    9,170

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jam Roll View Post
    Just because you haven't seen it don't mean it don't work, I get the inpression from alot of you gracie bum bandits that just because someone dosent teach arts used in mma that whatever their teaching is bs..... Ffs rob not everyone is out to con people
    I get the impression you are a cock faggot.

    Show me a video of any "wrist grab followed up with a strike etc" technique being used against a 100% resisting opponent.
    http://www.ChrisReesAcademy.com - http://thetattooedchimp.blogspot.co.uk/

  6. #26
    Senior Member Rob T's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    South Wales
    Posts
    9,170

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Augustus Gloop View Post
    wrist grabs/locks work all the time as restraint techniques? what proof do you want?
    if you want one used in mma look up an old aoki vid from shooto days. wrist grab into standing elbow lock.
    Ok, but in that video the guy spins around and then does some bizarre kick doesn't he? Obviously you can grab someone's arm and then apply a lock... personally, I wouldn't fancy trying it against a knife though.
    http://www.ChrisReesAcademy.com - http://thetattooedchimp.blogspot.co.uk/

  7. #27
    Senior Member Augustus Gloop's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    stuck in a pipe
    Posts
    1,240

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rob T View Post
    Ok, but in that video the guy spins around and then does some bizarre kick doesn't he? Obviously you can grab someone's arm and then apply a lock... personally, I wouldn't fancy trying it against a knife though.
    you said it didnt have to be against a knife.

    the technique used is pure tma and trained in a million "BS" dojos around the world and it worked in that scenario. therefore you have your proof & your video that you asked for.

    there are countless videos on google of wrist locks working to restrain people.
    Augustus Gloop, Augustus Gloop, a great big greedy nincompoop!!

  8. #28

    Default

    just ignore this Jam bloke, a total troll job Rob, just trolled me on a thread about MMA in london....

  9. #29
    Senior Member Augustus Gloop's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    stuck in a pipe
    Posts
    1,240

    Default

    i'm not trolling though. i gave an example video of a wrist grab working which is what rob asked for.
    Augustus Gloop, Augustus Gloop, a great big greedy nincompoop!!

  10. #30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rob T View Post
    I get the impression you are a cock faggot.

    Show me a video of any "wrist grab followed up with a strike etc" technique being used against a 100% resisting opponent.
    Like I said dickhead just cos u ain't seen it don't mean it don't work

    lol @ calling me a faggot I'm not the one with gracie tattoed on my body, you fucking prick

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This website uses cookies to enhance user experience. They can be disabled at any time. Please see our FAQ's for details.